Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • O2 Network problems?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

my judasphone4 seems unable to make/receive calls/texts

SN3 area, is it just me or has O2 br0ked?

allthepies
    Free Member

Perhaps you’re not holding it right.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’m having the odd issue in the past few days, where my phone seems to think it has signal, but I’m not getting any data transferred. Turning it off and on again seems to work. I suspect it is a network issue.

MrNutt
    Free Member

the phone is displaying full signal, will even connect to the 3G network but fails to send txt’s or accept incoming or make outgoing calls.

Restarting the phone seems to make it work for about 3 minutes but once a text is sent or a call made it fails again although appearing connected.

hmmm

MrNutt
    Free Member

WTF!

restarted phone
    called from landline
    call answered then hung up
    tried to call again from same landline
    “your call is being transfered, please hold”
    followed by “sorry there is a fault, please try again”

tried again
    call answered then I hung up

tied again
    “your call is being transfered, please hold”
    followed by “sorry there is a fault, please try again”

Milkie
    Free Member

I have had no 3G since the text saying about the data usage.

Turn the phone off (not a restart/respring) and then on again and you should have 3G service back.

Worked for me and mates iphones, did this morning, we all still have 3G.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve heard O2 are having trouble with their network following a terrorist attack involving lots of little magnets from RS.

Just a rumor, can’t tell you where I heard it 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have 3G, thats no problem, although funny you mention the data usage text, I’ve not received that and I use the data on it all the time where as my mate who doesn’t recently received the data usage text, all very odd, have O2 gone mental?

MrNutt
    Free Member

RB, nothing would surprise me, were their any reports of a diminutive Charles Manson lookalike in a west ham top hastily yet vocally leaving the scene? 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

grrr spoke to O2 who are (pointlessly?) going to send me out another sim card, apparently no cells down in the area could it be that there’s an issue with the micro SIM?

krag
    Free Member

I’m on the pikey version of O2 (TescoMobile) in SN1 and can’t receive calls either. Just get a weird tone when I call it from my desk phone.

Full signal on HSPDA or whatever it’s called.

Cougar

grrr spoke to O2 who are (pointlessly?) going to send me out another sim card

Funny, I was about to suggest that. I’ve seen similar symptoms with a similar solution (and I had a similar reaction, but it worked.)

cp

whats this text about data??!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Ah nice one Krag, so ether O2’s network is B0rked or Elfin has infiltrated the bunker and done something unspeakable with magnets and our phones!

footflaps

Could be your phone is knackered? Apparently Iphone4 return rate (due to faults) is 3% (the 3G was 5%) and that’s pretty standard for phone handsets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘O2 Network problems?’ is closed to new replies.