Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • o2 and 4g
  • cchris2lou

Just had txt from o2 to tell me I have been upgraded to 4g.
    I didn’t ask for it but it is definitely faster. Just worried about my small data allowance.
    I don’t watch videos or download stuff, just Internet browsing.

Anyone else had the upgrade?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Had it in Edinburgh for ages.

First month I got caught out by thinking I was on wifi and watching iplayer etc!

so in summary as long as you don’t use more data its just a faster connection*

* I think

somouk
    Free Member

Exactly as above really, just be careful and don’t use data any more than normal and you should be fine.

4G is treated the same as 3G by the phone, it’s just a quicker connection.

You are of course using a 4G phone aren’t you? Most handsets identify when they are on a 3G or 4G connection.

Cougar

4G isn’t more data than 3G, is just faster. You’ll only use more if you go “ooh, 4G” and start, well, using it more.

I got it a little while ago. Only coverage is cities really, works in Manchester for me.

cchris2lou

Thanks, I’m on a blackberry z10 and have the 4g symbol at the top.
    I haven’t changed my sim card thought.

It is a lot easier to connect to the net, not sure that is good news for my productivity at work……

llama

You _may_ use more because some media content, i.e. video, will adapt the quality to the available bandwidth, and higher quality = more bits. So for the same video you may get different amounts of data transferred. However, in practice it probably does not make much difference and I wouldn’t worry about it for just yer regular browsing and email and stuff.

nealglover
    Free Member

You _may_ use more because some media content, i.e. video, will adapt the quality to the available bandwidth, and higher quality = more bits. So for the same video you may get different amounts of data transferred.

I don’t watch videos

CountZero

You might like to have a chat with someone at O2 regarding upgrading your contract, if you are on a contract.
    O2 now use a different system, and when I can upgrade later this year, my monthly cost will drop from £42 to £22, and data will go from 1Gb/month to 5Gb/month with unlimited calls and texts.
    Worth looking into.

cchris2lou

Thanks, will do but contract won’t run out till January.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘o2 and 4g’ is closed to new replies.