Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • NYM trail conditions?
  • el_boufador

Hello,
    Off up to the inlaws at the weekend, might see if I can squeeze in a ride up on the moors, probably around the hole of horcum or newtondale area (though anywhere toward the southern / Pickering end would be good.

Anyone know what the conditions are like on the moors?

There has been a bit of rain here in Leeds but also plenty of wind, and some sun, and it’s getting warmer. I’m hoping that it’s looking OK but it’d be good to get some local knowledge!

Cheers

el_boufador

ps, don’t want to single moors out. Moors OR WOODS!

el_boufador

Anyone?

el_boufador

Bump for daytime crowd

ratadog

Was mostly rideable but fairly greasy and muddy last weekend when I was out on the Dalby, Wykeham edge of the moors. Had a few short sharp showers in the meantime and some snow on Monday which was fairly localised and didn’t stick at low level. The minor tracks haven’t really dried out yet this year, Hopefully going out this afternoon and will try and report back later.

ratadog

OK, been out this afternoon and the good news is its dried out a lot in the last few days. Still some puddles and patches of mud but where the wind and sun have got at it the surfaced paths are firm and even dry in places. Under the trees they are still a bit greasy in stretches.

The unsurfaced stuff is also drying out but there are stretches of soft going particulalry where the tractors, motocross bikes and horses have been churning up the ground. Leave the semi slicks off and the crudguards on and you should be fine as long as we don’t have a deluge between now and then.

el_boufador

Brilliant, many thanks! First big ride of the year tomorrow then 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘NYM trail conditions?’ is closed to new replies.