Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nuvinci Hub has it been 'done' here yet?
  • rossatease
    Free Member

I’ve just had a go on the Chapelli Nuvinci Nero and it is just unbelievably weird but in an ongoing, why has this never been done before kind of way..

Changing gear with no shifts, no clicks, just gradually twist the shift and your cadence changes subtlety.

Chapelli is an Aus brand, he, Pablo Chapelli is a Brit from Sevenoaks now working out of Aus an ex Dyson product designer, either way it’s an interesting concept and just brilliant ride, I searched but could find no mention of it, it’s just a commuter cycle but with what a difference.

I’m wondering wether it would stand the stresses of Singletrack or downhill even, but I guess time will tell either way I think it’s a really neat invention right up there with dropper posts.

parkesie
    Free Member

Hub full of balls. Looks like a simple solution but have yrt to see a actual hub anywhere other than the internet.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Comparing it to other hub gears, its heavy and expensive with less range than an Alfine 8.
    Not saying its not a good idea and can’t be developed, but in its current design, its more suited to a city bike.

T1000
    Free Member

been running one for a while on a Yuba Mundo and its the perfect hub for the bike

I don’t Think you need to worry about breaking them….theyre v robust and used on lots of cargobikes and e bikes as the final drive.

the downside is the gear range is a bit limited for some applications 360% the other issue is the weight even the current version is a bit on the lardy side….

I really like the stepless shifting/ ease of use and if it was for a commuting/city/ cargo bike then I wouldn’t hesitate on selecting Another one

+ they are often on fleabay in the US and a lot cheaper even when you factor in the duty last one I bought cost £140 for a complete hub + shifter set

rossatease
    Free Member

Not ‘so’ heavy, then it’s ‘only’ a commuter at this stage.

RustyNissanPrairie

They’ve been around for years in industrial gearboxes, i don’t they are too efficient though IIRC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nuvinci Hub has it been 'done' here yet?’ is closed to new replies.