Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • nutrition
  • garrypreece
    Free Member

Hi fellas,

doing my 2nd challenge on sunday,looking for best nutrition results to help me through the day,only while im on the bike.

drinks for res bag ?
    gels ?
    energy bars ?
    and tablets,espec these as not tried before.

as always thanks for your response,love this w’site,made cycling so much enjoyment

iDave
    Free Member

how long do you expect it to take you?

garrypreece
    Free Member

Sorry shd have said…65k or 50k undecided ..prob 50k hopefully 2-3hrs

iDave
    Free Member

Assuming you have full glycogen stores, dilute energy drink (2%), from the start, then a 50g carb gel at about 75 min, then a carb/caffeine gel at 2 hours – using the drink throughout. If you do the longer one, I’d change to a protein/carb bar at 2 hours and the caffeine gel at 2.45

All timing approx, put a little bit of red tape on your stem to remind you to eat/drink.

EDIT – and take the **** empty gel wrapper home with you, don’t dump it on the trail like most **** seem to do

garrypreece
    Free Member

No shout for the tablets then….thanx 4 response {idave}

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Just do whatever works best for you, theres no one way of doing it. Unless this will be your longest ride?

lucien

I wouldn’t try anything in a ride/race/event that I hadn’t already tried in training. Even on longer or more organsied rides where they have free feedstops I tend not to take on board which gels/bars are offered as you never know………

garrypreece
    Free Member

As its a challenge {race}i mean to do properly now, not in 6 races time,i managed 27 mile 3 weeks ago…but want experienced view etc

asking for certain named products if poss.

thanx again

beej

There is no “best” or “right” product. Different people like different stuff. I mainly use Torq stuff but I’ve used other things and not died.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘nutrition’ is closed to new replies.