• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Nutribullet Super Hero Juice
  • franksinatra

On account of now being one yea older than last time, my family have given me a Nutribullet.

I am determined that it doesn’t become a kitchen ornament so I want to prepare some delicious smoothies for me and the kids as well as whoopass vitamin in a shake type drink that will make me into a nutritional God.

Any recommendations for either?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You have 2 options.

Find a space for it, preferably in the same cupboard as the breadmaker and pannini press.

Or

Ebay it…

😆

Drac

I bought the kids one for Xmas or a rip off as it was half the price.

They go through phases of using it and mainly for milkshakes but summer fruit season is upon us and they eat strawberries by the tonne so they’ll be blitzing those soon.

I use it for an easy breakfast: Almonds, Oats, milk and honey is my go to.

sadtomato
    Free Member

Loads, they are great.

My favourite breakfast though is half an avocado,sometimes half a banana, tablespoon of almond or peanut butter, handful of oats, two or three dates and heaped teaspoon of cacao powder, topped up with almond milk or normal milk.

Not a great substitute for a chocolate milkshake, it is a great chocolate milkshake!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Frozen berries plus milk.

zilog6128

Use mine (NutriNinja) virtually every day. Great way of getting loads of fruit & veg down you as well as using up stuff from the fridge rather than chucking it, as it’ll mash up pretty much anything.

I buy bags of puck-shaped frozen spinach from the supermarket, these make a great base for a green smoothie. Also get bags of chopped tropical fruit from Aldi for milkshake purposes (banana & peanut butter is also amazing!)

mos

Watch out for the sugar. If your not careful, you’ll be consuming more than you would in a coke float!

theocb
    Free Member

frozen Spinach balls or fresh spinach (if you don’t use frozen spinach then always add ice, it improves them no end)
    Celery
    Apple
    Carrot
    Pea shoots
    Radish
    Ginger
    Water/carrot juice to thin it to preference

Avoid too much fruit imo, just becomes a sugary drink.

Cougar

Happy birthday.

stevious

I use mine for making chocolate milkshake recovery drink. Means I can add nuts for extra protein and they just get obliterated.

For making green juices, a bit of watered-down fruit juice (to lower the sugar a bit) makes a good base. Then just add some fistfuls of whatever you fancy.

franksinatra

all good tips, thanks.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

My go-to recovery drink is:

Half a banana (eat the other half while making it)
    tablespoon peanut butter
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    handful of spinach
    almond milk

As above, unless your almond milk is kept seriously cold or using frozen spinach, add some ice or it’ll be warmer than you expect. Happy birthday 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

My OH makes one most days – typically I get handed it in different colours – Green (watercress or spinach), Sludge brown (banana) or red/orange (berries etc) mainly though it includes loads of celery and ginger.

avdave2

100g Oats
    12g sunflower seeds
    6g pumpkin seeds
    12g flax/linseed
    6g sesame seeds
    6g hemp seeds
    6g chia seeds
    40g kale
    5g fresh ginger
    1 teaspoon instant coffee
    1 teaspoon cocoa powder
    Water 500ml approx

That’s my breakfast usually taken at my desk after running or cycling to work or taken before longer events. Everyone looks horrified by what is in essence cold porridge but it’s fantastic, I think I could live on it and salad 🙂

metcalt

They’re also good for making curry pastes and homemade pesto

al2000

Use ours loads, favourites are :

Lots of spinach + pear + grape + chia seeds + water.

Banana + milk + peanut butter + cacao nibs / powder. Freeze the bananas for extra luxury.

Joe

Adore mine. Really think it’s great.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ice
    Tomato Juice
    Tabasco
    Vodka
    Sprinkling of Cocaine.

Possibly marginally less harmful than the usual sugar sludge people make with those David Wolfe bullshit devices. if ever there was a man who deserves to be beaten to death and fed to the wolves it’s that ****.

Drac

Bit much feeding him to his family. Do you mix him with some Kale first?

skids
    Free Member

This is my recipe,
    ice
    bannana
    strawberry
    blueberry
    melon
    apple
    chocolate nesquik powder
    milk
    water
    ice cream

ji
    Free Member
    wallop

A nutribullet is not a juicer.

Drac

A nutribullet is not a juicer.

You’ve missed the point

wallop

What was the point?

Doesn’t the article mention that all the goodness is in the seeds and fibre, and juice loses that element, so is therefore pretty bad for you (which I agree with). My point is that the nutribullet keeps hold of the goodness (unlike a juicer) so the end product is better for you than juice.

hockropper

Good website here for some healthy recipes https://www.nutriliving.com/recipes

Drac

Doesn’t the article mention that all the goodness is in the seeds and fibre, and juice loses that element, so is therefore pretty bad for you (which I agree with). My point is that the nutribullet keeps hold of the goodness (unlike a juicer) so the end product is better for you than juice.

Better if you call keeping the fibre but the sugar still remains so still need to be careful.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Nutribullet Super Hero Juice’ is closed to new replies.