Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nutribullet
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve got a KitchenAid blender. Should be good but whenever I see anyone use a Nutfibullet they seem to blend quicker and better.

Are they all the same? Are branded ‘nutribullet’ versions at c£100 better than the Salter copies Amazon are selling for about £40?

tomo51
    Free Member

I bought a Nutri Ninja from Amazon a few months back. Seemed better to me than a nutri bullet and it was on offer for £45. Really happy with it so far.

Aus
    Free Member

Without wanting to seem like an a**e, Nutribullet’s (and similar) break down a heap load of the fruit and as the fibre is destroyed, the fruit’s sugars become v easily digestible, so the health benefit is largely lost.

And the vast majority of Nutirbullets end up in the back of the cupboard after 6 months.

This based on working on smoothie machines recently (nutritional and commercial stuff) 😕

Drac

I bought a Groupon special for this kids at Xmas. Works pretty good but still not convinced rhey’e any better than a blender just easier to use.

codybrennan
    Free Member

as the fibre is destroyed, the fruit’s sugars become v easily digestible, so the health benefit is largely lost.

Not really. Its the cell walls that are broken down, not the fibre, which is still present. This makes the food more easily digested, but it still has the same nutritional content as before. It may be more easily absorbed which is what I think you mean.

molgrips
    Free Member

So there’s no pulp left over?

Wondering if I could get one to mash all our pears to make perry.

stevious

Depending on what you want it for, it can be great. The big advantage for me has been the ease of cleaning afterwards (our normal blender requires significant dismantling). I guess the cheaper copies have this advantage too.

What I can’t vouch for in the cheaper versions is the nutribullet’s ability to destroy almost anything you put in it. Really good for making smoothies with veg and seeds in them. I use mine mostly for post-ride milkshake and it obliterates the nuts I add in seconds. Mine’s 18 months in and still in almost daily use.

EDIT – also, some of the stuff up there about nutrition is maybe misleading, but putting loads of sugary fruit in your smoothies is probably not that healthy. Veg is good though.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

As a post ride recovery drink or pre ride energy boost they seem ideal. It’ll mostly get used for dealing with bananas that have gone past their best. Soya milk, raisins, porridge oats.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Serious juicers use auger masticators not nutribullet type whizzers.
    Well that’s what a serious juicer told me (somebody who juices for over half their nutritional intake.

jamj1974

Nutri Bullet makes smoothies not juices. A juicer presses the juice from the flesh/skin or fruits.

Nutri Bullet is really a blender. We have one and I use it for all sorts rather than our old blender. It works really well for milkshakes, blended iced coffees, banana & vanilla smoothies etc… Also good for cooking prep e.g. making a very fine soffrito base for ragu.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nutribullet’ is closed to new replies.