Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nurburgring MTB Clockwise or Anti Clockwise?
  • eb2429
    Free Member

Hi

Long shot perhaps…

I have been to the Ring a few times and a couple of years ago biked around clockwise in the forest which was a great day taking photos and generally stopping to watch the cars whenever we wanted. We starting from Adneau and headed uphill past Kesselchen, but getting to the Karrousell and beyond nearly killed me. Anyone else done it Anti clockwise? thinking of starting at Brunchen? and taking the long downhill to Adenau then the (in theory) shorter climbs to Nurburg?

tomhoward

I wouldn’t normally advocate using a car over a bike for recreation, but this is one of those times…

oliverracing

+1 😆

JAG

There’s a Roadie Sportive there soon….

Rad am Ring 28-30th July 2017

I used to work for Lucas Automotive and Lucas Automotive has a large factory in nearby Koblenz. They used to hold a bicycle race at The Nurburgring (3 laps of the long circuit) for employees and Customers. We used to get professional race teams from Mercedes and Porsche turn out to race against employees from all over Europe.

mrmoofo

It’s a bit shit to MTB around it , I did it and did it anticlockwise

joefm

The hills there look good. maybe there’s some off piste? If there isnt there should be!

jamesoz

I’ve ridden round the perimeter of the Ring on an MTB, couldn’t tell you which direction or if it was fun as we spent most of the time waiting for a large guy in his bike leathers to stop dieing. A truly great way to spectate though.

As for driving there, loved the jump bit and the carrousel and the whole concept.

I don’t think I’ll ever do it again though after a massive spin, somehow missing everything and my wallet pooing itself. Only time I’ve traveled backwards so fast is sat on a train.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Couldn’t you just buy the sticker off the internet and pretend you’ve been?

That seems to be quite common round my way.

jamesoz

perchypanther – Member
    Couldn’t you just buy the sticker off the internet and pretend you’ve been?

That seems to be quite common round my way.

If you’re aware of the consequences of binning it there or dropping fluids on the ‘road’ you’d pretend too!

eb2429
    Free Member

Thanks all, I had a sticker about 8 years ago lol, car it was on has long gone now though. I went around a couple of times but now I just go to that area as the Eifel region is a nice place and being a car nut i can’t think of a better place. Cost of going on track and fear of the bill puts me off and getting older I guess.

I found it a great day out, when you say shit, what didn’t you like? I come from Suffolk so flat and largely featureless to me it was pretty good.

DavidB
    Free Member

I rode it about 8 years ago. It was truly boring and we were thankful of some cars to watch to keep a bit of interest

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nurburgring MTB Clockwise or Anti Clockwise?’ is closed to new replies.