Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Numpty tubeless install / set up advice…
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Right, I’ve finally joined the 21st Century and will be going tubeless. I have a pair of Easton Havoc UST wheels, a pair of tubeless ready Hans Dampf tyres and 200ml of JRA wheel milk.

Am I right in thinking that before I add sealant, I should tyre and install the tyres to get an creases out of the bead to ensure that they seal OK?

I think someone else mentioned taking the tyres out of their packaging and turning them inside out for a night in a warm place to reset the bead.

Next question…the valves on the Easton wheels don’t have a removable core which I guess means that I can’t inject the sealant. So, am I right in thinking that I get one side of the tyre seated, pour the sealant in through the none-seated side, install this side of the tyre and inflate? All done with the valve at the top.

Any ideas on how much sealant I’ll need in each tyre?

Thanks for any help and advice.

mattjg
    Free Member

1) just try a normal install first. I put 29er HDs on Crests, they went easily with no faff.
    2) yeah ‘spose so. Always had valves with removable cores, I find that much easier!

If the tyres don’t seat easily, whack a tube in and use that to get them seated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Numpty tubeless install / set up advice…’ is closed to new replies.