Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Numpty smartphone/Android question
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

So, we’re slowly joining the 21st century. My missus got a HTC Wildfire S a while back. Got a couple of issues with it:

1) Its presently displaying 4 of the download app icons on the top of screen. Woss that mean then?

2) The SignalBoost app to connect to home wi-fi keeps bombing out, and reception in our house is rubbish, so kind of hoping it would work…

Cheers.

scaredypants

1) drag your finger down from the top of the screen and you should get a list of what’s happened. There’ll be a “clear” option to remove the notifications (I don’t have that phone but assume this is fairly universal

2) soz, no idea

Cougar

1) drag the top bar down and hit ‘clear’.

2) Never heard of it, so dunno. Can’t make a pint out of a half though, so I’d be dubious about the app.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ir_bandito
    Free Member

Genius. Didn’t know about the dragging down the top bar thing. That even says that SignalBoost is turned on, so shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks!

bigyinn
    Free Member

App updates available at a guess. Go to Android market and then select “my apps” from the menu. Should bring all the apps that have updates available.

metcalt

Is the phone with Orange ? My S2 through them came with a Signal Boost app, its a bit hit an miss really. It does work sometimes but its not something I would rely on. Shame as its a good idea.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Yes, its Orange.
    Turns out there were a couple of odd files needing updating. Did them, that cleared the download bar and the signalboost “home” icon has gone green from red.
    All sorted it seems. For now…

snakebite
    Free Member

if you connect the phone to your pc, and set as disc mount, there is a full 90 page or something PDF operating manual, actually worth looking through to see how and what you can do…..

ir_bandito
    Free Member

snakebite – it’s always easier just to ask the direct question. I looked on HTC and Android forums, but got the answer quicker on here!

snakebite
    Free Member

yes, agree bandito, but, i found stuff that I didnt know I needed to know….if you get my drift 😯

BigJohn

I didn’t know that.

clubber
    Free Member

Signal boosts and the like work by not letting wifi go to sleep – eg by constantly pinging the wifi every 5 seconds even if you’re not using it. IME they may work in some situations but they can’t actually do anything to get you a better signal.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Numpty smartphone/Android question’ is closed to new replies.