Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Numpty Photography/Canon 400D question
  • vinnyeh

But it would only be saved if he rotated it and hit save. At which point it's been rotated anyway so the tag info is superfluous?

Ah, of course. 😳

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm surprised people like event organisers and schools actually get people in who can't handle image orientation though

Gee, thanks for the compliment.

I can handle it. My PC struggles. I'm looking for a faster way, trying to streamline the process. Where's the problem with that?

cranberry
    Free Member

http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/exif-orientation.html

"Beware of Rotating Photos in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer!

Another surprising detail is that if you decide to perform lossless image rotation (by using the Rotate Clockwise or Rotate CounterClockwise buttons), the EXIF Orientation flag is removed! As the flag is removed, if you do a double-rotation on a portrait photo (rotate, then rotate in the opposite direction), the resulting orientation observed by other viewers such as Photoshop will be wrong! "

IA

No-one's said it yet…. get a mac, use iPhoto… no problems 😉

(please note the smiley, all you fanatics, either way)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No-one's said it yet…. get a mac, use iPhoto… no problems

If I had the money, I'd go straight from work to an Apple shop and buy one, have no doubt about that!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Gee, thanks for the compliment.

I can handle it. My PC struggles. I'm looking for a faster way, trying to streamline the process. Where's the problem with that?

You don't think it's a fair comment that someone offering to do a job should be capable of all but the most surprising and unlikely difficulties, rather than struggle to get the images the right way round and ask on a biking forum? OK, well I suppose some have different standards – I've nothing against you or anyone giving it a shot for fun, I was just questioning the sanity of using a non-pro (or at least well experienced Am) for the job where it's important. Don't take it too personally, I just find it slightly odd that anyone grabs a DSLR and heads off as "the photographer" at events?

I just question the sanity in using you (or anyone) who doesn't have a fairly sorted workflow and post-processing setup already running, anyone struggling to rotate images with a cranky old PC and the wrong software risks not doing them justice.

I suppose if they were not planning to have any photog at all and you offered to gave a go then it's a fair call, but I'd have sorted out the workflow arrangements first before offering such a service even for free. Maybe it's just me!

nickc

Coffe king, he can do it, he's just looking for a faster method is all.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I just find it slightly odd that anyone grabs a DSLR and heads off as "the photographer" at events?

I was invited by the organiser. There's more than one person that happens to like and want to buy my pics. Sorry if that's not good enough for you, but you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was invited by the organiser. There's more than one person that happens to like and want to buy my pics. Sorry if that's not good enough for you, but you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

I said it wasn't a personal shot peter, as I don't know the circumstances, my point is just that I'd not have said yes unless I knew how I was going to do it properly with a large number of shots. Using windows preview isn't the way, knowing your way around your camera and your software is surely a pre-requisite for saying yes? Ah well, as I say, your call. I never questioned the quality of your shots (just the sanity of using someone who doesnt even have the right software), that's your own personal doubts 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Numpty Photography/Canon 400D question’ is closed to new replies.