Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • numpty iphone question
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

manage everything with my iphone except sending emails(unless its hooked upto the computer)

do i need a wireless connection to send/receive? or are the settings wrong? it just comes up with a message saying that the address is wrong or the server doesnt recognise someat….off on me hols soon and wouldnt mind to get it to work

any ideas? feeling less than geeky…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Mine will recieve, but doesn't send till I get connected to a wireless connection.

Suspect it's something I've done too!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

yep get all the mail thru but only sends when i walk into work(dont know if connecting it to the computer or the wireless) it then sends any messages ive written…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

It should send without wireless I would have thought.

Slacks
    Free Member

No wireless connection needed here. It sends and recieves without problems. Have you set it to "Push" your mail?

scott-b
    Free Member

It depends who your provider is. When I used my tesco account I could recieve but not send. Its because they dont have a SMTP (or something like that) server. I swapped to Ymail and it works fine now.

coogan
    Free Member

Mine works fine. Is it set up right?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

My 3g works for both hotmail and yahoo with just GPRS active. Sometimes takes a day or so for messages to show on the phone. My blackberry was much better for receiving mail as it checked every six minutes. Try a different mail provider .

Daffy

You need to have SMTP authentication setup on the outgoing mail server for the phone to send correctly while using GPRS or 3G.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,60704.0.html/

foxyrider
    Free Member

you need the o2 smtp server if you are on o2 – i.e. non jailbreaked! That way it will send on 3G. See pictures below:

you need your login name and password for you o2 mail to get it to work (online o2 mail)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘numpty iphone question’ is closed to new replies.