Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Numpty CX Cassette Question – What to buy?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I am buying some new wheels for my Boardman CX Team which currently has SRAM Apex Groupset and KMC chain.

What Cassette should I be looking at ie another Apex, or XT or something like 105? Is there much difference in weight between them all?

This wheelset will be used for road training and CX races ie 3 Peaks.

Ta

remoterob
    Free Member

Having looked into this myself previously, I think the PG 1050 (Apex) offers the best £/kg. If Planet X have made a mistake with their sizing, as the rest of the text would indicate, then this is a good deal:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CASR1050/sram-pg-1050-cassette

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m after 11-32. Just rang them and 11-23.

He also recommended against using Shimano with Apex? Is that true?

jeffl

Dunno about cross/road chainsets but I’ve happily mixed and matched SRAM cassettes with Shimano derailleurs on the MTB.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Another question, will I have to set up the indexing every time I change wheel sets?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bump 🙂

antigee

Another question, will I have to set up the indexing every time I change wheel sets?

depends I considered getting identical hubs to avoid this – i run a road set and a gravel set with different hubs and cassette ranges I find with in line adjusters its a 10second quick tweak

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Numpty CX Cassette Question – What to buy?’ is closed to new replies.