Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Numpty central heating question
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

If I’ve bled some air off a couple of radiators do I need to repressurise the system after?

All radiators throughout the house are evenly warm now but the pressure gauge under the boiler has dropped slightly.

Thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

As long as needle is in the “green” zone, it’s fine.

Junkyard
    Free Member

bound to have lost pressure as you let some out

As stoner says keep it in the green zone – PLEASE NOTE it will increase in pressure as it warms up.
    Check the pressure gauge basically

zbonty

Don’t do as i did and let out so much pressure the boiler cuts out and you have to call an engineer out.

Especially on the coldest day of the year.

takisawa2

You called an engineer out to re-pressurise your heating…!!!
    😯

totalshell

yes lots of people call engineers out to repressurise.. in most housing associationa and local authorities its now common practice to be written in the contract that tenants should niether vent rads or repressurise…

but yes folks do pay to have it done properly.

the system should be cold and the lowest rads vented first leaving the highest point usually the bathrom rad till last then re pressurise to ‘the green’ or about 1.25 bar.. DO not forget to disconect the filling loop.. water regs stipulate it should be so that the drinking water cannot be contaminated and also if the ‘tap’ is leaky water will eventually continously fill your boiler till its goes…

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

All sorted, got a bit worried as went away with work last night and left it with pretty much zero pressure with the heating still on but the house is still standing and repressurised just now.

Thanks for your help.

nealglover
    Free Member

You called an engineer out to re-pressurise your heating…!!!

🙂 I used to have a lot of customers who would call for exactly the same thing after bleeding their radiators.

It’s not difficult to do obviously.

But then again, nothing is, once you know how to do it ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Numpty central heating question’ is closed to new replies.