Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Numpty Car Q: dipped lights broken, main beam not
  • Kahurangi

and no I’m not driving around on sidelight only.

’03 Yaris. Passenger side dipped light not working. Both sidelights are fine, when flicked to main beam both head lights are fine. It’s only when on dipped that the left lamp goes off. Nothing I’ve seen suggests that there are two bulb components to the main headlight bulbs.

Sooo, fuse has gone? Sounds obvious now but I’m not sure. Are the fuses easy to get hold of etc?

jova54
    Free Member

If there isn’t a separate dip beam element in the bulb then it could be a poor connect with the socket. Have you tried tapping around the light assembly with the lights on?

Time to dismantle the front of the car so you can replace a ‘user servicable’ item.

IA

Normally the dip beam’s a separate element in the same bulb. Take the bulb out and have a real close look.

In my car (mondeo) it’s always one goes with out the other, so either dip or full will be fine, the other’s not.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Unless you have seperate bulbs for the main and dipped then the bulb will be made up of 2 parts as the main is different to the dipped.
    I just checked what tye you have and they are H4 and are the combined type as they have 3 connections to them.
    replacement bulbs are not that expensive just go into a halfords and buy a H4 type off bulb.

Kahurangi

thanks for the info folks, I’m off to get one on saturday then.

Cheers!

molgrips
    Free Member

There might be a seperate fuse for each side.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Numpty Car Q: dipped lights broken, main beam not’ is closed to new replies.