Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Numpty Bottom Bracket Question
  • Bucko

I need a new BB for my On One Inbred but have no idea what to buy. It’s a Truvativ crank.

Can I buy a Shimano one like this? Or does it have to be a hammer and punch one like above?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41445&gclid=CNXshMKXqbECFUdvfAod5AoAUQ

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

ISIS

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ll expand. I’m 99% sure it’ll be an ISIS BB – a kinda outdated design now due to the piddly little bearings they used to use.

Looks like its a 73mm BB shell so you need to get on CRC/down the LBS and get an ISIS BB that matches the dimensions. Truvativ, Race Face, FSA etc all made/make ISIS BBs so there should be a decent choice.

Or upgrade to a HT2 type crank… Full set of cranks, rings and BB for £50 if you shop about.

Bucko

Cheers, I’ll have a look for an ISIS BB. I’m glad I asked now

garage-dweller

Measure the bb shell. The BB in there says 68mm on it so I would suggest thats the size. Not sure what the suggestion of 73mm was founded on?

Bucko

I’ll take it out tomorrow, I seem to remember there were some numbers written on the main shell when i took it out to inspect it a few weeks ago, it will all become clear I’m sure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Numpty Bottom Bracket Question’ is closed to new replies.