Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Numpty BB replacement help
  • Muke
    Free Member

The non driveside bearing on my Scandal has gone stiff so needs replacing but as I know little about this bit of my bike can someone please confirm that this is the correct replacement. Its Hollowtech 2 XT and the only visible markings on the bearings say Mountain FE.

Thank you

tinsy
    Free Member

Yup,thats it, buy it and have it on hand, before fitting it you could try popping out the black plastic top hat (ignore the do not dissasemble bit printed on it) so you can get at the bearing underneath & give it a clean up, could well get some more life out of the one in there.. but I guess the price isnt as bad as it used to be to just replace.

Oh, you will need a special tool to replace it.

If your a massive miser like I am, you can tap out the bearings from the silver cups quite easily & take the size off them & buy a new pair from eBay for about £6, this way you always have a spare recon BB in the box.

Muke
    Free Member

Thanks tinsy

Will order a new one but may try a refurb on the old one just to see how it all works.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cakefacesmallblock

If you are as bigger miser as me – only kidding, I’d ordered a BB tool and new BB, the tool was on back order, yet the BB had arrived. So, I nipped to halfrauds, bought a tool, fitted the BB, wiped the tool clean, carefully cable tied it back onto the pristine backing card and took it back for a refund. 😉

Muke
    Free Member

Lots of tools in Halfords 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Numpty BB replacement help’ is closed to new replies.