Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Numpty 2×10 gear indexing question
  • loughor
    Free Member

Is the process the same for 2×10 as opposed to 3×9, or is there a different magic involved? Can’t find anything to say it is different on Parktool, and Sheldons site seems to be kaput. Thnx

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No set the rear in exactly the same way and the front, some chain can be removed but measure in the same way.

loughor
    Free Member

Great, thanks Mike. I thought as much, but ham-fisted fiddling always ends in tears for me.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Setting up the rear is same as 3×9, but front has some peculiarities to catch out the unawary. Like the position of the FD when in granny is set by cable tension rather than the ‘L’ adjuster screw, and you have to make sure you select the right ‘shift’ on the shifters, because they do pull different amounts of cable. Best place for instructions is the manual that comes with the FD rather than Park or Sheldon. If it’s a Shimano one, this is the procedure…

loughor
    Free Member

Wow, that is interesting, thanks for the heads up. Thankfully, front (all xtr), is fine at the moment, and rear hopefully sorted. I’ll certainly retain that for future reference though. Cheers perthmtb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Numpty 2×10 gear indexing question’ is closed to new replies.