Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Number boards can you buy an attachment that stops your bars from g……
  • postierich
    Free Member

getting scratched I use carbon bars and they are getting scuffed not ideal when you look after your pride and joy.
    Waits for the gaffer tape crowd to say mtfu 😉
    Just wondering if there is anything out there to help, would be a help if you have to swop bikes during races.

Rich

Wookster

Heli tape? And a maaaaaahhhhhhhooooooooossssssiiiiiivvvvveeeee MTFU
    😆

GW
    Free Member

attach it to your stanchions 😉

uplink
    Free Member

Fasten the number to the brake hoses instead of the bars?

olixmb4x
    Free Member

patches of self adhesive velcro. when you get the number board, stick a patch of the furry side of velcro on the part of the board that will come into contact with the bars, i have done this and it works a treat.

note : when i did bmx racing, i used one of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29323

Northwind

Bit of electric tape works for me.

The Crudcatcher fast fender thing has number board mounts IIRC, it’s a terrible mudguard but could be adapted I reckon

oxym0r0n

Yeah I just put bits of electric tape on when racing – where the cabel ties and number board rub – you can barely see the black on carbon. Wouldn’t help with swapping numbers though 🙁

100mphplus
    Free Member

🙄 OMG!!! 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

Yep electrical tape. I always forget, then my bars get trashed and look crap after a couple of races!

scruff
    Free Member

postierich
    Free Member

Sorted one out, time to enter the Dragons den methinks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Number boards can you buy an attachment that stops your bars from g……’ is closed to new replies.