Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Numb toes
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Did some hiking at the weekend, rucksack/tent etc. Got back and noticed I have 2 numb toes on my right foot. Can still move them, just feel like I’ve slept on them. WTF?!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

In January I did a silly ride when it was very cold – ended up with numbness in the end of a few of my fingers. It lasted for about 4 weeks before gradually fading. Fine now!

Davy
    Free Member

It’s probably toe rot. Caused by the red dye in your socks. Usually fatal, but nothing to worry about.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

what davy said

if you look like this then you are in the final stage of chronic rambleritis:

carlphillips
    Free Member

which toes? big toe being 1 and little 5..(serious question!!)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Toe 2 a little, toe 3 a lot, toe 4 a little, 1 and 5 are fine. I’ve taken some anti-inflams just to see if it’s walking related, but it’s been a few days now. I’m not diabetic that I know of but I do have slight back pain at the moment – could be related I suppose.

Rambleritis it may be, but it did help me scout out some more routes to ride so I’m fine with that 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

This sort of righted itself until the other week when I commuted to work, I felt a bit "bent" on my bike (dont laugh) and by the time I got to work I found my lower back was feeling pulled somehow and my numb toes had returned. It's been a couple of weeks now and it's coming and going. Think it's time for a trip to the docs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

do have slight back pain at the moment – could be related I suppose.

I get tingling/numbness/distorted sensations in my toes which is back related – often without any back pain. For me a long ride on a road bike (drop bars) sometimes helps to sort it out !

coffeeking
    Free Member

I've been tempted by a road bike but I'm struggling to see how drop bars will help, as it is I feel I've already got the bars too low and the saddle too high (19" frame, 6'1) and feel I'm bent double. Am I barking up the wrong tree? I'd genuinely like to find a solution. What concerns me is that I still get some degree of pulled sensation even when MTBing on a much shorter bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Numb toes’ is closed to new replies.