• This topic has 52 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Numb nuts- no taking the piss please
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Right ok I’m sold, enough people have recommended the ism saddles that I’ll give one a go.

What would people recommend for someone who’s got relatively wide sit bones, commutes a few times a week and generally does about 4 hours on a Sunday?

iainc

Performance Long gives ability to move around a bit as against the short ones which are more TT style. I’d suggest a Prologue, which is the most affordable in that range. I have one on my Adventure bike and the higher specced Breakaway (now labelled PL 1.1) on carbon road bike. They feel the same, the Prologue has a little more padding and is a little heavier.

chilled76
    Free Member

There’s a big price difference on wiggle.

Can get the pr1.0 for £71 and then £10 off if I get a mate who’s never ordered to order it for me.

£61 is a lot better than £110.

Would the pr1.0 be suitable so we think?

iainc

I wouldn’t, its short and fat with padding. It’s labelled recreational for a reason

project
    Free Member

google” c ring”, it may help, it will also get you some attention 😯

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Lowered my seat slightly, hasn’t helped the numbness however I did prefer the general feel of how my legs were pushing. Thanks for that David.

How much did you lower it by? It’s generally advised to go about 3mm at a time; have an adaptation period and then re-assess. The thing is, it could be so far out (as in too high) that this could take weeks. That’s why that .883 formula isn’t a bad idea, as it’ll get you in the ball park.

Another thing that may now be possible with a lower saddle, is lower bars.

chilled76
    Free Member

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to all who chimed in with recommendations for saddles etc.

I picked up a nearly new ISM Adamo Prologue off of eBay last week for about £50.

Did a 50 miler this morning and it’s made soooo much difference!

No numbness totally comfortable and can really feel I’m only sat on my site bones..

Thank you, it’s literally saved my 2nd hobby as I thought I was going to have to ditch the road bike.

🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

iainc

chilled : great result, nice one !

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Good news.

i_like_food

Happy days.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Before splashing out on a new saddle maybe try angling the saddle forward (tilting forwards) a bit. This solved my ball numbness as it took the pressure off the area.

iainc

ISM saddles are a great solution for many folk, self included. Have them on all my bikes 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Numb nuts- no taking the piss please’ is closed to new replies.