Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Numb bits! I need a comfy saddle!!!
  • nickfry228
    Free Member

I’ve got a Capra Pro which came with a SDG Duster, and after about an hour my bits are in bits and numb!
    Can anybody recommend a good, comfy, non-numbing saddle?
    I’ve been looking for a Charge Scoop, but they’re like rockinghorse manure in black. Has anyone tried a Fabric Scoop?
    Thanks.

nemesis
    Free Member

There’s no such thing. Or at least, what may work for loads of people may not work for you…

That said, IME, Spoons and Specialized saddles seem to suit a lot of people if not everyone.

And it’s worth noting that a bad position on the bike can cause discomfort regardless of which saddle you use.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Have you tried adjusting the saddle angle forward a bit?

nickfry228
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve tried different angles, but to no avail.
    I had a Spesh Hedge on my old bike, and didn’t get on with that either even after having it fitted in the Spesh shop in Bristol.

nemesis
    Free Member

It sounds silly but I know a few people who had Spesh saddles who found them uncomfortable because they weren’t sitting on them in the right position – move it forward around 1cm and it’s completely different (basically they were sitting too far forward on the saddle so their sit bones weren’t properly supported by the saddle.

You shouldn’t really need to adjust the angles other than to get the saddle flat. Saddles sloping forward can lead to other problems around your body as you have to constantly stop yourself sliding forwards.

qtip

Fabric Scoop = Charge Scoop

I like my Scoop and my Spoon. Also like All SDG saddles I’ve tried. I get on alright with most saddles though. Are you wearing padded shorts?

nickfry228
    Free Member

Oh, it’s a bit late now 🙁
    You could have told me that earlier 😉

kcal

ProLogo for me – transformation over previous saddles. Vertigo Max I think.

nemesis
    Free Member

My sincere apologies 😉

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

chromag trailmaster dt if you can find one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Numb bits! I need a comfy saddle!!!’ is closed to new replies.