Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Numb big toe and will Heat Moldable insoles be any good.?
  • teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve been suffering from a numb big toe for a while and think it started as i stepped up my training for mountain mudfest mayhem. It seems to be coming from aggravating the ball of my foot. I use specialized shoes with body geometry insoles but the crap weather means i’ve been using my shimano winter boots. Was thinking about some insoles that mold the your foot to prevent hotspots or some of those fancy shimano shoes that they vacuum seal to your feet. Anybody any advice?

jameso

I used to get this on long road rides and during a tour in the Alps with gears a bit too high, lost feeling in my big toes and it lasted for months after. A new thin insole, plus a second normal insole underneath with a couple of holes cut where my toe and ball of foot went did the trick.

tonyd

I get this sometimes on longish rides. Just the big toe on my left foot goes numb and stays that way for a few hours post ride. Very odd but never bothered me enough to try to resolve – I just assumed it’s an age/circulation thing to go with all the other aches and pains I seem to have developed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Numb big toe and will Heat Moldable insoles be any good.?’ is closed to new replies.