Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Nuking ISIS.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

There seems to be a few people asking for ISIS to be nuked. How bad an idea would that be? I would probably do it, but that’s why it would not be a great idea for me to be in that position.

wwaswas

It would have been like nuking France or Belgium during the war because there were a few Germans in those countries – ineffective against a widely distributed foe and hugely costly in innocent lives.

allthegear
    Free Member

It seems like a bad idea, bearing in mind the ISIS people that were involved in the Paris shootings were living in France, Belgium, Germany etc. The Belgians and Germans might get a bit upset if you nuke their cities…

Rachel

binners

It’d be a good justification for the Trident replacement. Whats the point of having them if you’re not going to use them?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It is encouraging that you’re aware you’re not best placed to have such power.

Next step is knowing why not.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Not to mention the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction. You go throwing nukes round the Middle East, there are nuclear armed countries nearby that could take offence to that

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t encourage him Malvern Rider

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, link to those suggesting it ? It’s not been something I have seen or heard of as a proposed solution.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Maybe have table talks first.

If they want to kill us, why are we not defending ourselves?

I’m not the person best for discussion as Europe, refugees, Islam fan not, IS and UN is just a mess so I’m packing and leaving the mess to be whatever the ‘leaders’ think.

Knock knock can I come back as the planet is a bit messed up and everywhere else is more of mess so we better sort it now.

the-muffin-man

…been listening to Jeremy Vine OP?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Just googe it.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

With great power comes great responsibility. If all the big players started tossing nukes about every time there was a conflict, I doubt there would be much habitable land left for us sheep and arm chain generals to graze on.

Your right that’s why the majority of the public can’t be trusted in charge of broom cupboard nevermind anything else.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Frankenstein – Member
    Maybe have table talks first.

If they want to kill us, why are we not defending ourselves?

I’m not the person best for discussion as Europe, refugees, Islam fan not, IS and UN is just a mess so I’m packing and leaving the mess to be whatever the ‘leaders’ think.

Knock knock can I come back as the planet is a bit messed up and everywhere else is more of mess so we better sort it now.

What?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

…been listening to Jeremy Vine OP?

I’d rather slide down a razerblade using my balls as brakes.

andyl
    Free Member

There was a concern that Putin might resort to small nukes following the downing of the passenger plane from Egypt. I would say that was more credible than the French doing so. But it would be like blowing your neighbours house up to get rid of rats while they are still inside.

wwaswas

There’s always a few people asking for my local half way house for street sleepers to be nuked. It doesn’t mean I’d start an STW thread about it (or suggest I’d be happy to press the button if told it was a ‘good thing’).

jekkyl

Can we agree to have all the nonsense and nutters confined to just one thread per day please.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Maybe we could solve the problem of pick pockets with nuclear weapons too?

allthegear
    Free Member

Can we agree to have all the nonsense and nutters confined to just one thread per day please.

We’re only allowed one thread a day now on STW???? 😉

andyl
    Free Member

pick pockets have nukes? 😯

mrsfry
    Free Member

Apart from the nuclear fallout and leaving a country (ok a continent) a wasteland for a shed load of years, i think it is a really bad idea

perchypanther
    Free Member

I would probably do it

Ring Ring…..Ring Ring.

Hello… Aye, hang on son, I’ll see if he’s in, I think he’s in the bath….
    (shouts upstairs)
    wanmankylung….That’s Jeremy on the phone for you…. say’s he wants to fight you……….Aw haud oan a minute……. Whit’s that Jeremy?……… you don’t want tae fight him?………. cause yer a pacifist?………Economic Sanctions is it? ….whit? Like, dock his pocket money kinda thing?….I’ll be honest with you Jeremy, I’m no sure that’ll work…….Aye, awright , I’ll tell him…….. Cheerio.

(Hangs up)

(Shouts up the stairs)

wanmankylung….That wis Jeremy on the phone for you…. Says he wants to offer you refugee status and a cooncil flat in Rothesay following some open discussions aboot your global thermonuclear war thing….. now will you get oot that bath?
    You’re supposed to be at your Axis of Evil meeting at half six and ye need to dry yer hair.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just googe it.

“it” doesn’t turn up much of relevance

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Asia is a big place…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jekyl multiple threads generate more advertising

nealglover
    Free Member

Asia is a big place…

My cats breath smells like cat food.

GrahamS

I remember after 9/11 I was on a different forum and some Americans were seriously suggesting that they should nuke Afghanistan and turn the entire desert to glass.

I pointed out that as terrible as 9/11 was, killing 30 million people and plunging the surrounding countries into a nuclear winter was a slightly disproportionate response.

I got banned.

nickc

There was a concern that Putin might resort to small nukes

From where?

Trumps’s arse?

kudos100
    Free Member

There seems to be a few people asking for ISIS to be nuked. How bad an idea would that be? I would probably do it, but that’s why it would not be a great idea for me to be in that position.

Did you have to use crayons when you were a teenager as well?

jimdubleyou

There’s a great West Wing episode called (I think) Proportional Response.

Lobbing a nuke at a bunch of nut jobs, thereby turning the Middle East to wasteland for the next 30-40 years is not a proportional response.

pondo

Are you talking nuking the region in general, on the off chance we might squish a few IS amongst the millions less directly involved? Because I wouldn’t offer that a great deal of support. If you’re talking more of a Kim Jong-un-esque “tie the filthy pigs to a post in the middle of a big (very big) firing range and drop ordinance on them from a great height”, that I’d pay to see.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This calls for a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign.

pjt201
    Free Member

You know that trident isn’t a first strike weapon right?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Is it like mousetrap? Set off a nuclear bomb and watch the fun commence?

lunge

This calls for a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign.

Shall I convene The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Jesus wept…

ahwiles
    Free Member

i had the good/bad fortune to listen to the Jeremy vine show at Lunch.

The idea (being roundly slammed as stupid) was to bomb Raqqa – seeing as it’s where ISIS seem to have their club hut.

zanelad
    Free Member

The idea (being roundly slammed as stupid) was to bomb Raqqa – seeing as it’s where ISIS seem to have their club hut.

Do it. What’s the worst that could happen? 😀

wwaswas

We should nuke Saudi Arabia as that’s where the money comes from…

DrJ

What did you expect? Bloody lefties!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Nuking ISIS.’ is closed to new replies.