Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • nukeproof mega with 170mm fork?
  • nasher
    Free Member

currently running 160 1.1/8 steerer 36 float with an internal headset..

looking at getting a 2012 marz 55 170mm RC3evo ti in tapered tube. now the blurb says that the head angle is 66 deg… with a 150-170fork..

so the tapered tube will requie and external headset and with an extra 10mm travel….am i likely to be riding a chopper? dont really want to go lower than 66 degrees as i like the stable at speed but sharp handling of my current setup.just could do with better suspension…

then again the supple suspension of the marz will mean i still keep a similar head angle when the fork is in its travel?

freeridenick
    Free Member

I run 160mm 1.5 lyriks on mine. I was also thinking of trying a 170 spring. Being coil they sit well into the travel so don’t think it would be an issue?

Pretty similar with the Marz as well I would think?

scary_carey
    Free Member

I’m just about to fit a pair of 180mm Domains (tapered) with a 1.5 degree slackening headset. I’m experimenting to see if I can turn it into a mini downhill bike. I’ve fitted the Domains with a soft spring so as freeridenick says they should sit well. It might ride like a complete dog but nothing ventured nothing gained 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chay
    Free Member

hey mate, i was thinking of fitting a set of 180 domains to my mega…..how did you get on?

lurchh
    Free Member

Running 170mm Domains on mine with an external lower cup and it feels much more balanced and stable/slack. Well worth it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘nukeproof mega with 170mm fork?’ is closed to new replies.