Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nukeproof mega tr opinions?
  • graemethejock

Hello considering the mega tr as my new trail bike looking at buying frame and swapping parts over.any owners/opinions?..how do the bearings last?.. Thanks in advance..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Which year?

strangey13
    Free Member

I had a 26″ one. Changed the bearings after a year but was more routine than needed. Got on well with it but probably could of done with a size smaller than I had though, had an xl with a 35mm stem and felt a bit stretched on it.

andyb39
    Free Member

I’ve also got a 26 inch one from 2013 and have yet to need to touch the bearings. It’s been ridden once or twice a week, including nasty wet/muddy winter rides, since it was built up at the start of 2014 and there’s no play or knocking yet.

bigfooter
    Free Member

I bought the 275 frame from CRC last September and built from scratch myself. Some Pikes from Alltricks.fr and wheels from bikediscount.de. XT groupset. I love it! Granted, not the lightest of frames, but I love the ‘industrial’ look of the square tubing. It rides really well and perfectly suited for riding in UK. Slack enough to be a lot of fun (and confidence-inspiring), but not so slack that climbs become a real b1tch.
    Can’t comment on bearings yet, but can say I didn’t have the BB facing issues that so many have complained about in reviews.
    I’d definitely say go for it. The build I’ve gone for has made a fantastic bike and buying parts individually has actually been significantly cheaper than buying the complete bike!
    Good luck (and defo consider the canary yellow – awesome frame colour!).
    FYI, I’m 5’08 and went for the medium (17″) frame which is a good fit. 50mm stem and 750mm bars.
    Pic from first build – reverb stealth now fitted and m8000 1×11

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof mega tr opinions?’ is closed to new replies.