Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega TR Comp 2015 OR Nukeproof Mega 275 Race 2016
  • downs523
    Free Member

Which one would you get? I like the 2016 but not sure of the colour. Same price but better spec on the 2015 model. links here:

2015: http://www.bikeactive.com/nukeproof-mega-tr-comp-c2x15405586

2016: http://www.bikeactive.com/nukeproof-mega-275-race-2016-c2x18665362

Does anyone have the 2015 model?

downs523
    Free Member

Both can be had for just over £1500 with their 20% off code 🙂

dhrider
    Free Member

Depends if you can wait until March for delivery of a 2016 model……. If not then i’d get the 2015 model.

downs523
    Free Member

I don’t mind waiting…. i think 🙂 just wondering if there are any 2015 owners or “experts” here that could give some recommendations.

thanks for your reply too.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

rode the 2016 mega Am earlier …. Wow! just Wow 8)

downs523
    Free Member

Have you had a go with a 2015 model?, any noticeable difference? if i can get a 2015 comp for the price of a 2016 race then i may get the 2015.

Euro
    Free Member

Not ridden either but unless you must have a new bike so you can ride slowly through the winter gloop, i’d wait a few months. The 2015 will drop in price and you can use the money saved to replace those Revs for something less crap*

*Crap is perhaps too strong. If you are are normal sized and like to mince about they might be fine.

downs523
    Free Member

I was thinking of waiting for a price drop however theres 20% off until Monday giving almost a £400 discount. Im guessing in the future the price will be around this anyway.

Are the Revs that bad on the 2015 model?

Euro
    Free Member

Are the Revs that bad on the 2015 model?

I have an older shorter pair (coil) and they are great but i didn’t like the newer 150mm Revs (air) that came on another bike. They didn’t suit how and what I ride and i couldn’t be bothered sending them away to be lowered as i couldn’t get them set up to feel good anyway. For general riding about they were just OK but when the pace was upped or the ground got interesting they twanged about something shocking. I’m 15st and 6’5″ so that may have had an affect. If you’re lighter and smaller they may be OK, just not for me.

You’ll have no problem selling them on if you don’t get on with them if you want to take a punt.

Seems like your not prepared to wait (which is understandable) – Enjoy your new bike 😀

downs523
    Free Member

Thanks Euro for the informative post, i am 5ft 8 and 11 stone so I’m sure they will suit fine 🙂

Goldigger
    Free Member

Revs would put me off, so I’d probably go for the 2016 model. Looks nicer too and its lighter I believe?
    But either way I’d replace the revs with a pike, and if I didn’t get on with the manitos I’d do the same..
    Some info on the manitos here
    here
    And here

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

downs523, I own a 2014 Mega Am, and I can tell you its night and day better, lighter and it was soooo plush I nearly blew! 😆

downs523
    Free Member

Thanks Goldigger for your post. Lots of info there

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega TR Comp 2015 OR Nukeproof Mega 275 Race 2016’ is closed to new replies.