Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega TR – Anyone got one yet?
  • stevenk4563
    Free Member

Anyone got one and built it up?

Care to share opinions / photos? 🙂

boxxer7
    Free Member

My mate just took delivery of one as a demo bike for his shop looks really smart. First ride is this weekend.

I owned the MK1 mega and personally won’t be buying another NP. It was a great bike but I bought when it first came out. By the end of the season they were almost giving them away! Same again in 2012.

My mate was dubious about ordering his for the same reason they were assured CRC won’t be doing it again but we both have our doubts. That said hold off until the end of the season and you’ll get a bargain!

Will try and update you with how it rides after Sunday. Will blah it for a couple of runs!

SoWhat
    Free Member

I got my frame today, but I am waiting for a new headset, which hopefully will turn up ASAP.
    I will be building it with parts off my old bike and will post up pics and some sort of report.

dibboid
    Free Member

One of my friends has just ordered one of These only yesterday. massive discount on them

Stevelol
    Free Member

massive discount where!?

seavers
    Free Member

They look like cracking bikes but having seen the discounts that kick in (later on in the year) on previous models I would wait. Looks like they sell out fast in all but the small size though so poss a matter of timing.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Boxxer and SoWhat, would be greatful of a ride report when you’ve had a chance to ride them 🙂

I am worried about the discounts later in the season, but I need a bike now, currently torn between the Mega and a Rocket.

butterbean
    Free Member

My mate was dubious about ordering his for the same reason they were assured CRC won’t be doing it again but we both have our doubts. That said hold off until the end of the season and you’ll get a bargain!

Haha, the same empire that repeatedly assured the dealer network they would never put Lapierre on CRC, then did a below margin ‘private sale’ to the public whilst most of the network was still carrying stock…

I don’t know why anyone would buy a Nukeproof at anything close to retail, when it’s a given in 6 months it will be half price. Same goes for retailers stocking the brand.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Given that CRC own Hotlines, I amazed anyone will touch anything that they distribute given the ‘private’ sales and discounts that happen at the e d of the year.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Butterbean, this is exactly his thoughts, Apparently when i bought my mega originally they made dealers but i minimum of about 4 frames to become a dealer (you could sell their components just not frames otherwise)

They seem to have changed this now as they only had to buy the one bike so hes not stocking them, which was more for him than anything, it will be abused for 9 months then sold on ex demo i expect.

I used to like using CRC but i must admit i try to buy stuff else where these days.

Olly
    Free Member

I was gagging for for one when they were first announced. Got bored of waiting, and wanted it for the dyfi. bought my reign instead. its rad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega TR – Anyone got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.