Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega sizing – Medium or Large for 5'10" ?
  • theroadwarrior
    Free Member

So the nukeproof website indicates either a medium or a large frame for my height.

I don’t want a bike with too short a top tube as I hate hitting my knees with the bar on uphill slow stuff. (Rode a medium SC Nomad and hated it for this reason)

Equally I don’t want a bike that is too high in the seat tube as I like to get nice and low over the bike for stability and be able to move around.

So do I get a large to get the longer top tube or do I get the medium to insure I can get the seat low enough??

supersaiyan
    Free Member

I went large at 5’10/11 – it’s nice, long and stable, plus I find the standover more than adequate. But I like bigger bikes over smaller ones. If you can’t find one to sit on, the geo on a medium orange alpine is pretty similar to the large mega.

therag
    Free Member

I was going to get a large, im 6ft. Tried a m and it felt a bit cramped. My m Lapierre seemed a lot bigger. There’s 33% off now on crc. Brilliant value! I didnt end up buying one, got a good deal on a transition. (size m)

GW
    Free Member

ride both.

Yet another reason manufacturers should list downtube length on their geometry charts.

float
    Free Member

or just reach and stack and be done with it all.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’d love to test ride both.. anyone got an idea where I can do this? (Short of ordering both from CRC and sending one back – seems excessive!)

GW
    Free Member

go to CRC? (or at the very least, phone them)

[/rocket_scientist]

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

CRC only have shops in ireland IIRC.

Also I don’t believe they have test bikes.

Think I’ve convinced myself the large is the way to go.

boxxer7
    Free Member

depends how you like your bikes and what sort of riding you will be doing, im 5.10 maybe 5.11, I have a medium, for XC its a little short but pop the seat up and it does the job, ive done 30 mile rides on it. Mine is more of a mini dh set up for which its perfect and easy to throw about.

what will you be using it for?

big_scot_nanny

Just for context, I am 6’4″ and have a large it is relaly is quite small.

If you are interested in a large, I am going to sell my frame (black, with new chainstays), and get an XL from CRC (only s and XL left I think at the bargain price).

Let me know if you are interested.

Kev

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Hi Kev,

Drop me an email about the frame please!

Matthew DOT c DOT Austin AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!

nickewen
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and was torn btwn a med and large. Ended up going for the medium and absolutely love it. I do like frames to be on the small side mind for throwing about but it still climbs well and feels comfortable for me. I’m in Newcastle if u want a test ride.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Nick- I’m a ways from you though unfortunately!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega sizing – Medium or Large for 5'10" ?’ is closed to new replies.