Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega Sizing? 5'8 Riders?
  • phildowling
    Free Member

So theres a few bargaintastic Small Mega about the place.

If you’re 5’7-5’8 what size are you running? I’ve a 30″ leg.

Anyone running a small?

Stranga
    Free Member

Hi

I am 5’8 with 30 inside leg and have a Med Mega, suits me perfect and I usually like quite a short TT, nukeproof website should have all the measurements.

I presume you have seen this and noticed that you are bang in the middle of the small and medium.

Nukeproof Mega Size Chart

The most important measurement to check is probably the length of the top tube and compare it to what you are currently riding.

Are you anywhere near Midlothian as I can size you up on a small if you want to sling your leg over one?

legend
    Free Member

Medium only has a top tube length of 574mm, which is bloody tiny. I’m 5’9″ and would find that too short, so a small would be completely out of the question.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The Mega has a steep seat tube – bear this in mind when looking at the geometry.

Basically, standing the seat tube up moves the seat cluster and top tube forward from the bottom bracket by about 10mm per degree. The Mega is 75 degrees, 2-3 steeper than common.

The effect is that the bike has a longer reach (bb to head tube) than the top tube number implies. Roughly 30mm more than other bikes I looked at. Therefore it feels longer when stood.

Saying that, it’s not a big bike, 6 foot and my large feels short when seated – but long and stable when stood and ragging it, which is how it should be ridden.

Don’t know if that helps.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Where are the small mega’s available cheap?

I’m 5ft7 with a 29″ leg.

zangolin
    Free Member

Medium. I reckon you might find the small to short on the TT.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

medium 5″8 here and it feels great, but I sometimes wonder if the small would be better.. 😕

mulv1976
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ and the medium fits perfectly for steeper stuff. Feels wierd compared to my canyon nerve xc which has a longer top tube and steeper angles but on the downs the mega feels superbly planted.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

(moseymtb)

http://www.keswickmountainbikes.co.uk/acatalog/Mountain_Bikes.html

Keswick bikes have one small silver nuke proof left, I think there wanting £700 for it.

Mugboo

5’8″ here, inside leg 32″. Mines a small with a 70mm stem. Feels perfect to me. If it helps I had a small Hemlock before and I ride a c456 with a 50mm stem.

alexonabike

I’m 5’8″ with a 30″ inside leg. I ride a med and find the size perfect really.

Mine might be for sale soon…

phildowling
    Free Member

Bought a small from Singletrack bikes, I’m more towards 5’7.5… 🙁

Also wifes got a 15’5″ Gary Fisher so i rode that round for an hour and found it pretty good. Always ridden small frames.

I’ll let you know when it arrives! Such a bargain!

Links for bikes –

http://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m1b0s1p9135/NUKEPROOF_Mega_AM_Comp_2012

http://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m1b0s1p9136/NUKEPROOF_Mega_AM_Pro_2012

garethcolins89
    Free Member

5’7″ here, after much deliberation went from a small Giant Reign to a medium Nukeproof Mega, brilliant decision! much more composed ride not constantly shifting weight backwards, no pinch flats on the rear unlike before.

steveh

I’m 5’8″ with a 30″ inside leg and had a large. Medium felt too small and the small was just a childs toy. They do come up short relative to a lot of other bikes.

phildowling
    Free Member

Arrived & built today 🙂

Quick pedal round and a small seams spot on, posts on number 4 so plenty left there and top tube reach seems spot on, saddle in the middle.

Job done 🙂 can’t wait to give it a razz! Shame it’s not till next weekend at the earliest!

Small spot in for me

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega Sizing? 5'8 Riders?’ is closed to new replies.