Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nukeproof mega service
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Anyone know how to get the pivot pins out of a nukeproof mega?? Trying to change bearings and the pins seem pretty well jammed in there!

jakehinton
    Free Member

The upper erosion link just unscrewed with the bolt. The lower however doesnt sem to want to.

mulv1976
    Free Member

You need to give them a few strong sharp taps with a hammer and something to push them through. I unscrewed the bolt a little and started tapping that, then once moving used a small socket extension bar.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Cheers, i did try tapping it but guess ill just have to hit it harder!

jakehinton
    Free Member

Unsuccessful. Just knocked paint off from various places. Weirdly nowhere near where i was actually hitting it

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Undo the bolts and then you should see a shaft/pin with a threaded hole, take a small drift and tap gently and it should move out ok. Same for the linkages and the main pivots.

I also recommend the superstar bearing removal tools I changed all my bearing in about 2 hours without breaking a sweat using them.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Just seems like its jammed in there. Cant get it to budge at all. Maybe i can get a vice around it and push it out with something?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof mega service’ is closed to new replies.