Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega owners insight pls??
  • tomaso
    Free Member

I’m tempted at the moment by a Mega and forsaken my Pitch. Wondering if it would be any better?

kwack
    Free Member

I’m tempted at the moment by a Mega and forsaken my Pitch. Wondering if it would be any better?

Interested myself as I have a Pitch currently

Mbnut
    Free Member

The ’14 Mega looks good.

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue28/?page=103

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Alex

Oops. I might have bought a Mega AM. Medium. You only live once as a wise man said. Although knowing my wife’s view on YET ANOTHER BIKE LIKE ONE YOU SOLD LAST YEAR is likely to be different. So I might be living about as long as it takes the postal van to arrive 😉

marco
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – prefer natural riding so the AM is prob best choice.
    FROGLEEK – I know what your saying but it must mean they are ok though? Also Orange 5’s are even more but folk still buy em
    Cheers all
    Very good thread as it turned out

fivespot
    Free Member

Had mine nearly 2 years, with 160 Devilles, then 150 Revelation Teams, now with 150 Pikes. With the 150 Pikes it is spot-on (Better than the Devilles), still slack enough, but handles twistier stuff great. I have had many frames costing twice the price, but this one puts the biggest grin on my face 😀

Oh! and an RP23 rear shock helps too 😉

lwvlane

I’m am in love with my 2012 mega comp. Got it for a bargain and have had lots of fun upgrading!- was worried about the weight on the ups with just a single ring but we got round Brechfas ‘Raven – Gorlech’ insane double up the other week and all was well! BPW uplift this weekend was 100% grins! A little slice of whistler!!

nasher
    Free Member

Nashers General Lee upgrade looks interesting – what you running upfront?

running it at the mo with a 32 as I’m a bit unfit but when up to full summer fitness I will run a 34.

The ratios on the general lee IMO is better thought out than just sticking a single ring after a normal 36 tooth cassette and losing your 19/17. The 40 tooth low gear is great and the next 34 tooth down is great for general climbs, the 40 just gets me out of trouble. The standard gear on the cassette works great when descending and no big jumps in gearing.

It may be a bit more expensive than a oneup for example but you do get 4 chainrings and some pretty impressive CNC’ing

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega owners insight pls??’ is closed to new replies.