Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • nukeproof mega am owners rear wheel help
  • adevaynes
    Free Member

bought new frame hoping to swop everything over frm my yt noton, however the rear wheel didn’t sit right in the dropout, dropout recessed to accept the hub but the hub was wider than the recess, bought another wheelset and although not as bad it is still 1mm from fitting. Has anyone come across this issue and what wheels are people running with this frame?

legend
    Free Member

1mm from fitting

Just splay the rear end and get it in there, seen that (and worse) on many different frames both mine and those of friends.

adevaynes
    Free Member

thats not the issue, its the end of the hub sitting in the recess on the drop out, wish it was that easy. Don’t want to splash out for another wheelset for them not to fit either.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

aahh I getcha now, the diameter of the axle in the hub is too wide?

Alex

Not come across this. Running Ibis Hubs with 142×12 axle. I do have an issue with the zee caliper fouling the rotor, but that’s not going to help you here!

What hubs have you tried? I also had a Easton Haven in there and that was fine as well (although had converters in to bring it to 142 as it was a 135mm hub.

adevaynes
    Free Member

yeah legend thats the issue
    tried the yt wheels, hubs are branded vision
    new ones are off a spicy and are novatech hubs
    a mate has measured his havoc hubs and they will fit but a bit pricy for me

legend
    Free Member

weird issue to have. You could file a flat on each side of the axle, would have to be careful to make sure the wheel sat straight though

Alex

Fairly sure the ibis hubs are branded novatec. It does sound strange. Have you measured the actual gap to see if it’s the frame that’s a bit misaligned?

adevaynes
    Free Member

the recess is in the dropout which attaches to the frame, they are swappable for different sizes, bit of filing and all fits now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘nukeproof mega am owners rear wheel help’ is closed to new replies.