Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega 2012 – will take tapered forks?
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Just checking – saw this and needed to be reassured by Internet experts!

Recommended Fork length – 160-180mm travel with Internal bottom cup 44IISS, 150-170mm with External bottom cup 44IETS, 44IESS or 44EE0S

Ta

tmb467
    Free Member

I think 44IETS is 44mm headtube, internal top cup, external bottom cup, tapered steerer and I want to know if it’ll take a 2011 fox 36 van rc 2

conkers
    Free Member

yes you need the 44IETS headset as in the TS stands for tapered steerer.

freeman
    Free Member

Er, ive got a 2011 and im using external bottom and internal top cups, for tapered steerer, 2012 has same headtube.

tmb467
    Free Member

Cheers

What does it ride like, btw?? Cheers!

fivespot
    Free Member

The answer to your question is yes, BUT don’t buy a NP headset, they are 5H1te. Crap bearings and crappier seals. For not a lot more, Hope do exactly what you want. I have had both 😉

tmb467
    Free Member

Don’t worry – it will be Hope 🙂

GavinB

Hope 2H is your answer.

freeman
    Free Member

Rides fine with talas 180 forks, keep meaning to get a slightly longer stem tho as the 50 is a tad short, n what everyone else is saying the nukeproof bearings are made of cheese, mine are rough.

ART

Hope ‘pic n mix’ – away you go!

Mugboo

I’ve got a Mega with 1 1/8th forks. Which Hope headset do I need please?

Mugboo

tmb467 – and to answer your question, I’ve no desire to change it unless I come into some money. It’s tough enough & light enough for the money. Only thing I’ve changed is paying Loco to tune the Monarch a little to stop it blowing through the travel.

tmb467
    Free Member

Cheers mugboo

Unfortunately lad had already sold it when id messaged. Either that or he didn’t want to sell it to me cos I was asking for receipts

In Luton btw – was being sold on pinkbike if anyone is missing one?

There’s a red Intense being sold on the forum here that I’m interested in now

Mugboo

One or two Mega’s coming up for sale these days. Tough frames, haven’t read about any problems & notice a lot of the Lakes boys like em.
    And Blower off of the Sweary Northerners didn’t break his.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega 2012 – will take tapered forks?’ is closed to new replies.