Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nukeproof mega 142mm dropouts!!!!
  • jamesdippy
    Free Member

Im starting to get very fed up with the lack of spares for this bike. Has anyone had any joy getting a spare dropout for the 2013 mega am 142mm.

Im going to andorra in 2 weeks and still out of stock everywhere!!! Its a holiday ender if i snap one

Hellllllppppp!

BoardinBob

Can’t find them anywhere. Very poor given the bike comes in 142mm as standard. I see CRC are almost sold out of 135mm ones too. How hard is it to machine a new batch?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Not even Hotlines have got them.

I would not be happy, what do they think your going do if it breaks, happily sit around playing tiddly winks for a few weeks waiting for it to turn up?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1558837/ might still be there
    It looks to be unique, what hubs are you running. I’d be tempted if it was Hopes etc. to get the 135mm kit as an emergency spare and take a QR with me. Plenty of people will have the 135mm plugs for hubs around.

vincienup
    Free Member

Slightly off line thought, but I can see 135 kits available.

Any future getting one of those machined out?

vincienup
    Free Member

Above suggestion is good though.

142 itself is simply adding a location aid for the hub. The stiffness gain is in the 12mm spindle vs the 10mm one in an old Skool qr that would have a 5mm skewer running through it. Such a 135×10 rear end (standard qr) can take beefier 10mm TA and bolt systems though if you have a suitable hub.

If you have a Hope Pro2Evo rear which is 12mm native for shaft size, the endcaps for 135×10 and a superstar 10mm QR would be a much stronger fallback than standard qr on a set of 135 dropouts.

jamesdippy
    Free Member

Good advice guys

I agree this has massively let nukeproof down and only made me sweat with an upcoming andorra trip approaching!

Might get a 135 kit and convert back wheel if needed

What a pain!

Come on nukeproof, get machining!!

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Bumdangles! I’ve just brought a 2013 Mega!

Wasn’t there a firm that made dropouts for loads of different bikes? I’m sure I remember someone on here mentioning it a year or so ago…..

crashlanding
    Free Member

They should be in stock at hotlines now!

BoardinBob

1 left at CRC (I just bought the previous 2!)

sprocker
    Free Member

My mate got the 135 machined out, work spot on.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Hotlines now have them in stock although I can’t see how to purchase them from their website

Lakes_Puma

Apparently OP told me that he contacted hotlines and they wont sell direct to public, you have to go to one of their resellers 👿

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Hi, has anybody managed to source one yet?

legend
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a firm that made dropouts for loads of different bikes? I’m sure I remember someone on here mentioning it a year or so ago…..

That’d be BETD. Always worth having a chat with them if you need something

spectabilis
    Free Member

I may have one in the shop… I’ll have a look Tuesday drop me a PM about then if you still need one.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof mega 142mm dropouts!!!!’ is closed to new replies.