Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nukeproof horizon CL – anyone using them?
  • nickdavies

As above… need to replace the pedals on my full suss and I was going to go shimano DX. Then I saw these… anybody running them?

I’d like some mallet DH but I’m not having more shoes – these seem a good compromise as they use shimano cleats?

mboy
    Free Member

They’re ace!

Early adopter, REALLY like them…

Not even used them with the proper cleats yet, they work very well with Shimano. Easier to clip in, and easier to get out, yet also grippy (when you need them to be) and very supportive. Without wishing to sound too much like the emperors new clothes, I’ve cleaned some very steep technical trail sections that I couldn’t do before, because these pedals gave me the confidence to do so where nothing else I’ve tried has!

lyrikal
    Free Member

I’ve changed from mallets to these and I prefer them. The nukeproof cleats allow you to clip in by stepping down on them or clicking back. They have as much if not more support than the mallets and I have had less accidental release.

I changed as I got fed up with the cleats lasting no time and also found the bushings etc on the mallets lasted no time if you were doing any amount of pedalling.

nickdavies

Thanks guys, swayed me to give them a go. Not fussed on their cleats, what attracts me is the shimano compatibility, one pair of mtb shoes is enough for me. Seems a big improvement over shimano pedal offerings though for dh use.

Edit: seems there are 2 versions! CS or CL for what is probably called enduro use? Big mountain days, uplifts, alps etc?

lyrikal
    Free Member

I use the CL. Bigger platform is the only difference. The CL is about the same size as mallets

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Been using CS Ti for a month, Amazing pedals
    Just ordered another set to go on Hardtail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof horizon CL – anyone using them?’ is closed to new replies.