Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • NukeProof Generator or SuperStar+EX721s
  • ajt123
    Free Member

Want to upgrade my wheels on my Blue Pig, as now have wide Hans Dampfs and the rear hub is going.

I am a heavy and clumsy rider so they will take a proper pranging. AND I hate noisy Hope Hubs [Yes I know they are very good]

I’m thinking either a NukeProof generator, or Superstar Switch Evo hubs and Mavic EX721s.

What to people think, can anyone suggest anything better for under 300 quid?

I’d really like a pair of American Classics, but recession, innit.

Cheers,

Alex

Northwind

Mate of mine has a generator rear, he likes it. It’s not quiet though, quite similiar to Hope (drowns out my DT hub when he’s riding behind me)

Nothing wrong with the Superstar option as long as you get a well built set, which it seems you probably will these days.

big_scot_nanny

I just bought a pair of Stan’s flow wheels from wiggle, might be worth a look?

ajt123
    Free Member

What is the free-hub sound like big_scot? Just under budget, are they dead good?

Cheers,

Alex

big_scot_nanny

Sorry Alex, forgot to check back. Free hub sounds normal, not like proII.

Haven’t ridden them yet but they seem well built.

HTH

Kev

hambl90
    Free Member

I’ve had generators and I now have switch evo’s , the switch evo’s are much better in my opinion and various axle options front and rear come in very handy .

float
    Free Member

switch evos are quiet compared to pro2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘NukeProof Generator or SuperStar+EX721s’ is closed to new replies.