Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nukeproof Generator bearing removal
  • peacefulparsnip
    Free Member

My bearings are knackered, and I’m trying to change em. I’ve taken off the drive side axle end, but unlike the hub in this guide : http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Nukeproof-generator-rear-hub-bearing-replacement-2011.html there is no hex slot inside the the axle, so I can’t see a way of getting the other off.
    I hammered out the axle from the driveside, and I’m left with this:
    I can probably dremel the bearing off the axle, but even then, I have no idea how to get the new bearing on.
    How the hell does that axle end come off?

thekettle
    Free Member

If it’s the same as my 2012 Generators, the axle end cap unscrews, and has a locknut to unscrew first. I clamped the axle with molegrips and spannered with the other hand.

Exploded diagram here might help clarify, it’s part numbers 1 and 2 you need to unscrew:
    [/url]

peacefulparsnip
    Free Member

Yeah molegrips were my next port of call….. what a ridiculous design.

Pretty sure you just use one spanner in the inward edge of the end cap to hold the axel (the face on the inside of the hexagonal bit) and another spanner to unscrew the locking nut (the hexagonal bit) in the opposite direction to the first spanner. You shouldn’t have to use molegrips and risk damaging the axel. Hope this helps!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

looks like you need a cone spanner.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Generator bearing removal’ is closed to new replies.