Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nukeproof generator and fox 32
  • simon430
    Free Member

Bought some fox 32 15mm axle forks to swap out Marz 55 which too are 15mm. But when fitting front wheel the end caps of the hub would not go through the forks lowers. It seemed the end caps are too wide.

Hub is nukeproof generator 15mm. Are not all 15mm lowers the same width?

Anybody have had similar problems or any fixes?

Thanks.

footflaps

Not all hubs / forks are exactly the same width, have some QR hubs which seems a bit wide and are a very tight fit. How much are we talking about here?

simon430
    Free Member

Probably about 2-3mm on each side.

jonathan
    Free Member

Yes – all QR15 should be the same width – 100mm. So measure the hubs and fork spacing to see what might be wrong.

(Possibly insulting suggestion) Hub will only go into Fox QR15 drop out from the bottom – certainly doesn’t slot in as easily as some 20mm forks. So check it’s not the lips on the dropout causing the problem (as they’d be about 2-3mm on each side)

simon430
    Free Member

Measured the hub and it’s 110mm, and the fork spacing is 100mm. So, might have to sell the forks on then.

kimbers

are the endcaps on the hubs swapable?- they havent popped out a bit , or the bearings shifted inside?

simon430
    Free Member

They’re swapable, but only to QR. I’ve tried to push them further in put don’t seem to budge.

fasthaggis

How old are the Fox 32s?

I use NF Generator hubs (15mm front) on Fox 32s (2011 models).
    I just swapped the endcaps from QR to 15mm when I fitted the forks.

dhrider
    Free Member

If its 110mm are you sure the hub is 15mm and not 20mm?

A 20mm hub will be 110mm wide.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof generator and fox 32’ is closed to new replies.