Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nukeproof electron – any way to make them grippier?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Had my first ride on them yesterday and I like them but they seem a bit lacking in grip at times. Is there any way to boost it a bit? Do they make longer pins at all?

PROLINE85
    Free Member

I don’t have Nukeproofs, but do own Superstar pedals and they’re both made by the same company.

I wanted more grip for my Mag pedals and bought longer stainless steel grub screws off ebay to increase the grip, cheap, and simple!

You want M4 grub screws, in 10mm length 😉

kayak23

Wear 5:10’s …

doug_basqueMTB.com

Prolines, that’s not quite right. The Electrons use different screws from the Superstars. I use thru pin superstars and the m4 10mm are good, but the Electrons use what looks like a M3 (not tried yet) which screws into a nut rather than the body of the pedal.

The Electrons are slightly convex, compared to the convex Superstars so they are never going to be as grippy in my opinion. You could put in longer pins to help I guess, you can just take one pin out and go to the local hardware shop and find one the same. FWIW I find the grip adequate as they are but understand different riders want different levels of grip.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I thought the same until I screwed the bolts all the way through (out). Try it.

atlaz
    Free Member

Might be just a period of adjustment to them I suppose as they were “box fresh” yesterday. Will get one out and pop down the shops

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof electron – any way to make them grippier?’ is closed to new replies.