Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Nukeproof electron: any good
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Currently sporting 3 different sets of flats (Vault/2xsuperstars) with excessive play on bearings/sleeves/shafts……with the current price of th Electrons being £26.99!!!! I’m asking myself,is it worth getting bearing kits/pins etc when 3 new sets of NE’s are so cheap…….but are they any good?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Yep, they’re excellent. What kind and how much riding are you doing that the superstars are wearing out? I’ve had some lasting years

pipiom
    Free Member

Glasgowdan

I’ve got the: ultra mag ti,and the Delta ti.

Was going through a “weight weenie” phase a year or so ago, plus I was i was building 2 X “no expense spared” bikes.

Mainly riding IOM, sloppy,rocky stuff.

Previous “Nano’s” were very long lasting.

nickthegreek
    Free Member

Great pedals. I bought a pair from llandegla about 4 years ago. I’m still using the same pedals. Easy to service, light and grippy.

thenorthwind

Had a pair of the stock plastic ones without fancy ti spindles or anything for about a year now. Very happy with them.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have a couple of pairs of the electron evos. My only small complaint is that the cap on the end of a right pedal loosened allowing the pedal to move on the axle. Easily sorted with a dab of light threadlock once I got home. For the price they appear unbeatable on weight and performance.

nickjb
    Free Member

I found them not flat enough. The bulge in middle didn’t feel quite right. Not a massive issue I suppose but enough to get rid.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The evos removed the bulge….unless it’s the evos you are talking about?

nickjb
    Free Member

It was a while ago I tried them so not evos. At least that shows I wasn’t imagining it.

Mackem

Had mine for a couple of years now, very happy with them.

gelert
    Free Member

Got to say the Superstar Elplastique <£25 flats have seen 12 months of abuse on two bikes (160 and 140) with a few bent pins on one set. Not slipped a pedal once (I’ve cursed that one now) and my 12 month old Shimano AM41s have wrecked soles where the pins have worn the rubber away so much you’d wonder how they could still function. I keep riding them saying I’ll wear my new shoes once I slip a pedal… it’s not happened. Ace pedals. Jumps, drops, racing… taken it all in their stride.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Maybe the issue has been related to ti axles then? Not sure, but as you can see from the comments, the nukeproofs are simply pedals that work and work and work

trigrwoods
    Free Member

As nickjb points out these pedals have a slight bulge in the centre which i found uncomfortable so i got rid aswell. On the plus side though they are cheap, stupidly light and unbelievably grippy. For value id be looking at the Nanos.

aracer
    Free Member

Another Electron fan – I have the older ones, and can’t say I notice the centre bulge, but it’s a personal thing and I’m probably paying less attention to how the pedals feel than most people. I probably bash them on the ground more than most people as well and they’ve held up fine.

Northwind

I didn’t like the old ones at all tbh, for the same reason- the bulge in the middle. Even with the pins fully out they were way down on grip compared to a metal nano, just not really the right shape. But I gather the evo’s fixed that

honourablegeorge

These are a similar but slightly cheaper alternative

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&c=127&p=1770

FOG

I bought a pair a few years ago while impatiently waiting for a more expensive pair I had ordered.
    The Electrons are still on the bike and the replacements are in the spares box waiting for their chance.
    They are looking pretty battered now but it doesn’t seem to detract from the grip.
    The other bike has the CC version of Nanos which are fine but if Electons are cheaper by a margin, I would go Nukeproof.

sweepy
    Free Member

I’ve got a set just arrived waiting for my NEW BIKE! and I’m a bit scared of them to be honest. The pins are about twice as long as on my mg1’s, they look brutal.

withersea
    Free Member

Love the Evo version , grippy, light and disposable if badly damaged. Replaced a set of Hope F20, could I see circa £100 of difference nope!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof electron: any good’ is closed to new replies.