Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Nukeproof AM X9 derailleur jumping gears problem
  • parky018
    Free Member

Ive got 2014 26″ Nukeproof AM using an X9 type 2 derailleur. 36T/26T – 11-36T. The problem is in the last 36-11 gear and when applying pressure to the pedaling the gears are jumping up and down 11-15 appears randomly! Gears work a treat up and down one by one on the stand or even riding in the car park, but when flat out at speed pedaling hard, the last gears 11 and probably 13 jump up to 15?. Its really odd since the only way move the derailleur up is to shorten and tighten the inner cable. I have tried all the obvious things, even have new goodridge gear cable and new derailleur. is the problem with X9 derailleur and Nukeproof AM compatibility? does anyone else have the same problem? or am I missing something? 😕

gazman428
    Free Member

Do you have play in the freehub? I have the same bike with the same set up and have no problems.

Have you checked your chain isn’t worn out?

parky018
    Free Member

No play in free hub! the bike is 6 months old had the problem from new..Been riding it again today and noticed whilst riding over a rock garden it was jumping gears even from 13. So its doing it in relation to when the suspension moves…so that’s got to be either the cable or the derailleur is not up to the job!

slackalice
    Free Member

Cable outer may be too short?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof AM X9 derailleur jumping gears problem’ is closed to new replies.