Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Nuisance car driver- Curtain twitching content
  • sharkattack

I feel so middle aged typing this but here goes…

I’m currently living in a really quiet, leafy street where everyone is very well behaved. At night it’s dark and silent. It’s tight, twisty and packed with cars.

But there’s this one car. When it arrives you know about it. It’s loud and enthusiastically driven. It usually arrives between 10pm and 3am. Always full of people. They’ve obviously got mates in the street and are dropping off or picking up. It parks in a dead end under my window and I have to listen to it manoeuvring in and out doing multi point turns with its loud music and its massive fart can exhaust . Then every time it leaves it goes with a massive screech.

Ordinarily, I couldn’t care less. Being woken up at 2:30 isn’t ideal but it’s not the end of the world.

But I’ve been a nosey curtain twitcher. I got the registration number and obviously couldn’t resist looking it up online. According to the DVLA and the MID this car is not taxed, MOT’d or insured. Tonight it turned up with the front end badly crumpled. So they’ve obviously binned it somewhere by driving like a dick. I just hope they didn’t leave someone else’s vehicle in the same state.

As normal it went flying out of the street full of passengers, turning right in the wrong lane. I feel like it’s a huge accident waiting to happen.

So what would you do? Anything, nothing? Bombers?

Drac

Report it.

ajantom

No tax, insurance or MOT?
    Call the non-emergency plod number with the reg, and I’m sure they’ll look into it. Would be an easy way to bump up their crime statistics I’m sure, especially as whoever drives it is bound to be either over the limit, or be carrying some weed.

ampthill

Crashed and not insured. Report it. Some one will probably be currently out of pocket for the other end of the damage with no one to payout. Grassing them up may not get the money back but it might stop it happening again

PJM1974
    Free Member

The previous posters had it.

Report it, walk away.

jekkyl

defo report it with a clear conscience. Who drives without insurance? A: scum!

frankconway

Agree with all other posts – report it. You’ll be doing a public service

dovebiker

We had a neighbour’s son who did the same and insisted in parking in front of out house because he was an ar$e. As soon as his tax ran out, reported it to the police as an untaxed, abandoned vehicle – it was never seen again!

aracer
    Free Member

You snivelling snitches! Keep your noses out of other people’s business.

matt_outandabout

Just get them reported.

Tiger6791

Chuck a breeze block out of your window onto the roof / windscreen

Not like they can tell plod 😆

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ram a Potato up the exhaust..

davosaurusrex

aracer: Big Vern on a unicycle

aracer
    Free Member

Blam!

Alpha1653

aracer: you’ve obviously never been hit by an uninsured driver. Oh, and I presume you’re happy paying the inflated insurance premiums caused, in part, by uninsured drivers?

shark attack: absolutely report the car. The driver sounds like a selfish knob so you’ll be doing a public service.

garage-dweller

Report.
    If they want to drive then they have to pay the price of being on the roads. If they don’t want to pay for ved, an MOT and insurance there’s a lovely cheap alternative with less wheels. 😀

As for aracer I suspect he’s trolling.

hammerite
    Free Member

Yes report it.

I got overtaken earlier this evening by a car that had spent the previous couple of mins as close to my bumper as it could. I was doing 30 in a 30 zone. I wanted to get the reg plate to report it but I’d have had to go well over the limit to catch up. I felt old at feeling so bothered, and then I remembered it was my home village where I know a lot of kids who would be playing out.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Enthusiastically driven lol

I’m not there but have some sympathy it’s probably, visualising in my head.

A bright red 1.1 corsa s of 2000 vintage that he’s having to ring the living daylights out of just to make progress the fact he spent his birthday money on a power robbing tin can for the exhaust gass pipe just makes you feel sorry for the poor soul.

Now he’s crumpled it how do you think he’s going to get girls without his peep peep , I wouldn’t report it he’s bound to be so sexually frustrated by 8.01 AM you don’t know what he will be capable of ,check his facebook for gangsta images first if I were you.

Life’s hard for people these days think of his needs not yours.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That’s a big assumption that it will be registered to the bell end who’s operating it.

If it’s not ticking the tax/insurance/mot box it’s unlikely they’ve spent time making sure the keeper info is legit

leftyboy
    Free Member

Report it ASAP, you’ll feel bad but if they kill someone then you’ll regret not reporting it.

It becomes your business when it wakes you up at 02:30!

globalti
    Free Member

You should have reported it the second time it came up your street; driving a vehicle in a manner that causes alarm or annoyance is a crime and the driver would have got a Section 59 notice at the very least. We’ve had this served on two annoying moped riders in our street and they aren’t annoying any more.

sharkattack

I’ve reported it. I did it online and got an email confirmation today. Technology is amazing.

I’ll let you all know if I see it again.

sharkattack

I got an email today saying that this car had been “recovered” last night. I don’t know if that means crashed, abandoned or pulled over full of people with pockets full of ganja.

Either way it’s off the street. Now I’m worried about the fishy looking MR2 that was there when I arrived home……

chakaping
    Free Member

OP, pictured earlier…

Good work, you were more tolerant than I would have been.

parkesie
    Free Member

Run its plates 🙂

pitduck
    Free Member

glass of whine anybody,op grow a moustache

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Why do you even need to ask the question.

It should be instinctive to report, for a start they’re ****s and secondly they’re likely going to kill someone.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Nuisance car driver- Curtain twitching content’ is closed to new replies.