Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • NSFW Funny road rage, "do you know who I am?"
  • Kuco

wwaswas thats what i thought of when he said do you know who I am 😀

I would have just sat their calling him Jeff

Northwind

According to his social media profiles, Mr Pickering graduated the David Lister high school in Hull

Tragically now closed. And supposedly not just because it was named after Dave Lister. From a news story at the time, “Under the plans, David Lister will effectively be replaced by the new-look Archbishop Sentamu”, which is a bit of an unexpected direction for the show to take…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Bloody funny that, the guy wound Ron up a treat!
    In fact the moped rider sounded like Reece Shearsmith of the league of gentlemen! Now that would have been funny . . .

MrOvershoot

It must be open season for angry little fat men in Citroen Picasso’s. (though this was a silver 51 plate)

I had one start a stream of obscenity’s at me this afternoon as I was a “F**king W**ker” for slowing and let a “F**king cyclist turn right”
    The cyclist had followed the highway code perfectly by indicating and only moving out once he could see I was allowing him to.

At the next set of lights he drew alongside and started his ranting, I probably didn’t help the situation by assuming a 1920’s upper class level of civility.
    I think my “but my good fellow what would you have me do, run the poor chap down” might have wound him up as he then followed me for about 3 miles despite me driving a convoluted route (I’m on holiday this week so in no rush to go anywhere)
    I decided to pull over and got out, at this point he realised I was serious as slowed took a look at me and sped off.
    The fact I am built like Ton’s younger brother might have influenced his decision.

If only I had seen this thread earlier I could have asked “Are you Ron F**king Pickering”

matt_outandabout

I think I would be angry if I lived in Hull and drove a French people carrier.

martinhutch

I think I would be angry if I lived in Hull and drive a French car.

joat

As I was riding from St Ives today (don’t worry it’s not a riddle) a man in an oldish BMW flashed his lights at me ane indicated I should move closer to the kerb, this was on a stretch of road with a white line down the middle. I was in primary position, more due to the fact houses and doors butt up to the road. I hadn’t slowed him down, nor was there anyone behind me. I guess some drivers have some hard and fast rules in their head, and are just waiting for an incident to vent them. I’d initially thought there may have been a hazard up ahead, but no, my biggest regret is not flipping him the bird. I’m guessing he’s been “delayed” too many times by end-to-enders.

matt_outandabout

Thank goodness for the edit function. 😉

martinhutch

As I was riding from St Ives

How many wives did he have in the passenger seat looking resigned to his ranting?

northernmatt

[video]http://youtu.be/WLpKCPuQRuI[/video]

BillMC

The Peter Cook response to ‘Do you know who I am?’, was ‘help, help, there’s a man here who doesn’t know who he is!’

garage-dweller

That’s beyond funny. As in it really is not funny. That this someone with such an apparent inability to deal with basic road sharing and minor incidents is allowed to be in charge of a motor vehicle behaving like that should be a cause for great concern and some no nonsense police inintervention.

Ignore the swearing, using the vehicle to threaten the moped rider more than once, threats of physical assault, wheelspinning and erratic driving.. If that doesn’t get the roads police attention then what will???

The moped rider could have exercised better judgement too but really not in the same league as the driver.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That was Phoenix Nights style road rage. I loved it.

GrahamS

Interesting that no one has suggested the moped rider was obviously looking for trouble since he was wearing a helmet cam and is somehow entirely to blame for Ron’s impotent spittly rage.

Or does that argument only get trotted out when it’s a cyclist involved?

thegreatape
    Free Member

He was being VERY cautious about his right turn. Perhaps he always waits for a written invitation, but somehow I doubt it 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

In a way it was good to see a balding, fat, middle-aged man in a cheap car hassling someone who wasn’t a cyclist. For once. Shows where the problem lies, and it’s not with people on bikes.

+ Ron Pickering is no doubt getting loads of stick for this from any friends or colleagues he might have.

Gary_C

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iifQBvbzaqQ[/video]

thegreatape
    Free Member

I know Daily Mail links aren’t normally allowed, but on this occasion they’ve done rather a good job I think

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3251966/I-m-Ronnie-Pickering-Driver-embarrasses-angry-know-road-rage-rant-moped-rider.html

brooess
    Free Member

DM has gone a bit Daily Mash…

It has, ironically, made a household name of Ronnie Pickering, with almost everyone in Britain now aware of who he is.

When MailOnline visited Ronnie Pickering’s two-bedroom council bungalow in Bransholme this afternoon he refused to answer, maintaining his growing status as, again somewhat ironically, an international enigma.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Quite – I double checked I’d not misread the link.

aracer
    Free Member

To be fair, the mods on this thread did get in early with their suggestions of equivalence between the driver’s and rider’s behaviour 😯

I don’t suppose having to turn round to check out why the car was hooting him helped his speed through the junction…

thegreatape
    Free Member

No probably not 🙂 I just wondered when I watched it, did he think “**** me, that’s Ronnie Pickering, there’s some sport to be had here”.

Northwind

thegreatape – Member

He was being VERY cautious about his right turn. Perhaps he always waits for a written invitation, but somehow I doubt it

See, from a motorbikerist’s point of view, I wouldn’t have filtered to the front if I wasn’t planning to get out quick. That’s always the deal, as far as I’m concerned, I get to go to the front but when I get there I don’t hold you up. So when he filtered up to the roundabout then let a couple of decent sized gaps pass I did think, ****.

Totally worth it though.

johndoh
    Free Member

So when he filtered up to the roundabout then let a couple of decent sized gaps pass I did think, ****.

In his defence, he was possibly a bit concerned about what Wonnie was about to do next (and probably a bit shaken too) so was being cautious?

scotroutes

I didn’t see him leave any decent sized gaps. He’s on a scooter and, given the wheelspin heard later in the video, it sounds like roads might have been a big greasy too.

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s not real though is it, just one of those low budget regional TV comedy shows where only the local intelligentsia get the jokes and understand the accents and colloquialisms.

Drac

To be fair, the mods on this thread did get in early with their suggestions of equivalence between the driver’s and rider’s behaviour

As someone who has spent over 20 years dealing with potentially violent people there’s better ways to deal with it then the Moped rider did. He’s not to blame but could have dealt with it much better.

Northwind

scotroutes – Member

I didn’t see him leave any decent sized gaps

@Scotroutes, he should have been straight out after the post office van tbh. And then again after the landy. Situational this; I’d have no complaint if he was bimbling and let those gaps pass but he was putting himself ahead of others in the queue then not fussing himself about moving on, imo that’s basically a dick move. It’s like pushing in at the bar then going “Oh, I can’t decide! Where’s my wallet? How much is it? Oh I’ve only got a tenner…”

Just because it’s STW and everything’s supposed to be black and white, let’s just be clear, I’m not saying the response was anything but mental.

Cougar

He was a bit hesitant, it’s why I said thought might be a learner.

He pulled in behind the post van rather than scooting to the front, which I can understand – better that than suddenly appearing in front of someone about to pull out, perhaps? After that, I’m Ronnie Pickering was making enough of a fuss to make him nervous and actually cause him to be hesitant. That first gap on the right turn was easily big enough to get through though.

wwaswas

I have limited knowledge on this but if someone can find a better way to link to the first tweet on this bloke’s timeline I’d appreciate it.

It’s brilliant.

“Special agent Ronnie Pickering”

https://twitter.com/LouisJopling

<mod edit>
    http://t.co/paYe5Y5MAx
    </mod edit>

aracer
    Free Member

For the sake of balance, I agree that the riding was a bit poorer than I’ve seen on most of these sort of videos (words selected carefully – I didn’t say “worse”, like Cougar I suspect he might be fairly inexperienced).

Though as always, that is 100% irrelevant.

Oh I don’t know, I thought the wind up was hilarious once it became clear that the bloke was all mouth and no trousers.

aracer
    Free Member

(click on “details” under the tweet)

wwaswas

ta 🙂

jimdubleyou
    Bez

As someone who has spent over 20 years dealing with potentially violent people

Oh, come on, Singletrack hasn’t even been running that long.

GrahamS

he should have been straight out after the post office van tbh. And then again after the landy.

Reasonable gaps, but the road is pretty slick and wet looking. Not sure I’d have gone for them on my push bike and his scooter doesn’t look much faster than that. 😀

Perhaps in normal circumstances he may have gone for them, but I think he is quite sensibly taking a moment to regain his composure and refocus after Big Ron started tooting and ranting at him (which happens before the post office van pulls away).

Better to take a moment than to be bullied into a half-cocked manoeuvre by someone who is in no danger and has no concern for your safety.

The right turn though – he was definitely taking the pish 😀

martinhutch

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhxZ8NefEYo[/video]

GrahamS

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NoNDmgLFTA[/video]

teasel
    Free Member

This has brightened my day already…

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ronnie+pickering

Ronnie Pickering calls Liam is my personal favourite.

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Discussing how their driving was? Could you miss the point more than that?? 😆

The DM transcript had me in tears. It’s only what happened, but reads brilliantly:

As his tension grows and his overreaction mounts, the raging driver yells: ‘You got a problem? Do you know who I am?’
    The biker finally responding: ‘Do I care?
    ‘Come on then, who are you then?’, he later adds.
    ‘Ronnie Pickering,’ the motorist replies.
    ‘Who?’
    ‘Ronnie Pickering.’
    ‘Who?’
    Raising his voice, the man then booms: ‘Ronnie Pickering.’
    ‘Who the f*** is that?’ retorts the moped driver, to which the exploding Ronnie Pickering says ‘me’, pointing at himself.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘NSFW Funny road rage, "do you know who I am?"’ is closed to new replies.