Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • NS Eccentric chromo frame….Has anyone tried/owned one?
  • mart
    Free Member

I’ve picked up one of these in the CRC sale and would like to hear any stories from owners or their mates before I build it up. It can still go back if there are horror stories about them…I’m attracted by the fact it accepts 26″ (at least for the time being) and the 30.9 seatpost diameter, threaded bb and cost. Otherwise Cotic and Production Privee might be up for consideration. Cheers.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Singletrackmonkey of this parish has one it looks great and is finished well.

He has a proper job so doesn’t spend much time on here, but I’ll give his tree a shake and he might pop up later.

mart
    Free Member

Much obliged!

gkeeffe

I have one, bought it second hand as a frame only on eBay…. I use it as a second bike. Its built up 1×10 SLX with a Fox34 140mm fork on it.

I enjoy it, if it has an issue it’s that the front end is rather high, with a longish head tube and I find it needs flat bars to keep the weight balance right.

Other than that it’s reasonably light, with short chain stays and a long front end- With the high front end it is really easy to manual, which makes it great for bike parks etc – it’s a real blast for those.

I use my full sus bike in places like the Lakes, so I haven’t really used it on rocky stuff…

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Spot on review gkeeffe. Pretty much what I would have said.
    I’ve got a small. It’s great.
    Running mine with a 50mm stem and a very lo rise Thomson bar and a 150mm pike up front.
    I was stuck for a reasonably priced steel hardtail as I was about to order a 45650b frame but they were out of stock. Glad I got the NS. Build it up and give it a go

mart
    Free Member

Thank you both for your replies. I’ll keep the front as low and short as possible then!

godzilla
    Free Member

Out of interest, what sizes did you get and how tall are you owners?

gkeeffe

I’m 5’9″ and have a medium… I could go smaller I reckon, but not bigger…

My son has a 456 and the NS knocks spots off it tbh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘NS Eccentric chromo frame….Has anyone tried/owned one?’ is closed to new replies.