Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • NS Bikes Society
  • rj
    Free Member

I was having a look at one of these on CRC. Looks like it might tick a lot of the boxes as an alternative to a Soul/PA. Cheaper than a Soul and it’ll take 140mm forks (which I already have), bit lighter than a PA and not that bogging grey colour. Anyone ridden one and care to comment? I’m a bit wary as a test drive seems to be unlikely.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i looked at this, nice looking – but maybe a bit small/cramped for all day riding. especially as im quite tall

rj
    Free Member

I’m a shortarse, so not an issue.

richc
    Free Member

have you looked on the front page of this site? as you might be able to get some more useful information soon.

rj
    Free Member

That’s what got me looking, but I’m too impatient to wait.

mboy
    Free Member

Looked into getting one a few months ago, saw one in the flesh, was very impressed with the build quality and finish of it etc. Frame also seems light enough to ride all day, yet still strong enough for some abuse etc. Head angle does look a tad slack compared to its competitors though (either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view). Oh, and the tyre clearance isn’t as good as its competitors for definite, would say you’d struggle to get anything bigger than a 2.2″ in there with any mud clearance at least, certainly nothing like the 2.5″ clearance on a Cotic etc.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I have one that i am thinking of selling!

Interested?

rj
    Free Member

GKW – only if you accept Halfords Ride to Work vouchers :wink:. How’s it ride and what size is it?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Its the medium size. Like you said its somewhere between a Soul and a PA-a combo of both you might say. I’m 6ft 1 so its a little on the small side for me (bought off here and just built up).

I have not had it out very far yet so cant really comment on the ride in any detail but it feels nice! tyre clearance is Ok-not as good as a cotic but I have a 2.35 on there with room around it.

Looks really nice in reality as-well.

enfht
    Free Member

Their ariel flat pedals are very nice but also very expensive. They’ve had problems with the anodising though so production has been delayed for a couple of months which is a shame ‘cos I really want a pair.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I was really interested in one at sone point, but got frightened off by the size of the frame (I also am 6’1″). Really, really nice looking bikes though.

bit lighter than a PA and not that bogging grey colour

They no longer come in grey – orange or funky purple ATM.

legin
    Free Member

its the same geometry as on one bikes so if you like on one youll like the society.its stable at speed and just what a weekend warrior looks for in a frame i love mine.can be built to around 28lb the frame is about 5lb so its not an xc frame.the paint lasts well and you get some for touching up which comes with the frame and a seat qr so a good deal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘NS Bikes Society’ is closed to new replies.