Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • NPSDH @ llan
  • smartay

Anybody been to see the down hill racing at llangollen this weekend, whats the axis/ parking like?

rep341
    Free Member

WAS THIS THE ROUND THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE A MINI CHAMPEREY – STEEP!!

sorry about the caps

smartay

Yes supposed to be super steep, and thats should be access in my original post

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rep341
    Free Member

never been and havent found anything anywhere on it so far on dw or sdh

smartay

Was advertised on stw and my local paper. its also listed on nps site

rep341
    Free Member

i was hoping to see who was going quick and if the track is as brutal as was warnbed on nps site

mAx_hEadSet

I was there all day and it was brutal although somewhat ground down by the end of the day, they played today tomorrow they race… Brendan Fairclough skipped duties at Bike Radar to come and ride. .rep341 must be clearly drunk,there is a 3 page thread on the venue on the sdh forum dedicated to the NPS downhill. its about half a mile off the A5 on the east side of Llangollen signposted plenty of parking… the entry list is posted on the nps DH web site…

mAx_hEadSet

some people who were going!

rep341
    Free Member

I meant I couldn’t find any comments from saturday practice. I knew where it was from all the sites you mentioned.

mAx_hEadSet

Well those that did not make it and could have will now probably be kicking them selves for missing one of the best NPS Downhills… so far. Great racing to boot and good win by Brendog who decided to boot aside a payday ride at some flat field skirmish in the midlands when he heard how hard Llangollen was. Few good world Cup riders came to watch or ride on their way to fort bill

Got to say the new NPS caterers should be michelin guide listed and the bar was well above average.

Crowds was massive and more cowbells than Austria, saw loads of local riders out enjoying the sun and fun with their families

GW
    Free Member

maX – Sounds cool!! is it a one-off, closed outside events track or ok to just turn up n ride it?

Reign_Man
    Free Member

Went Sunday afternoon, that was a super steep course, steepest I’ve seen on a NPS, think most people enjoyed it from the talk around the course

mAx_hEadSet

one off..no but Forestry Commission will ensure it is if anyone is caught riding there.

Some guys have spent a lot of time building these tracks for racing, why do most riders seem to think this is some kind of public works and they can just roll up and have a play afterwards for nowt. The course is dangerous and needs loads of catch netting to reduce the hazard. I don’t doubt some tossers will turn up to try to ride it, and even if they do not injure themselves, if the forestry find out that will be the end of it and it will be ‘Nannerched’. the course got hammered the berms are all blown out and it needs a major refit before being ridden again. The bottom wood is privately owned and the owner is likely to render bikes found on it unusable, likewise the whole woods is a let shoot for rest of the year and the guy with the shoot is not a reasonable man and was the reason the event was not held last year.

The event will be held again next year it is hoped but the track will be different. There will be track work days, if you are willing to turn up to one of those and graft you will get the chance to ride it in closed private uplift sessions that will be authorised by the FC as part of the track building process.

GW
    Free Member

Calm down dear!

I already know the score better than most – just no longer follow the NPS. 😉

mAx_hEadSet

exactly, I thought not.

Sancho
    Free Member

Its a shame that the track was changed after practice.

The lines that Brendan and Rob Young were taped off after practice, and the marshalls only told Brendan of the change to the track.

Rob Young had a massive crash where his practice lines had been taped off.

So thanks to whoever organised the event as you are totally stupid and could have had a rider in hospital due to your amateruish approach to organising an event.

And also dont get a bunch of kids to start chopping out roots on the steep sections, Again riders who can ride fast use these, after you have changed the course the lines that the few fast riders are have been cut away and you then risk major injuries to the faster riders.

Again whoever organises these events needs to wake up and become far more professional.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘NPSDH @ llan’ is closed to new replies.