Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Now who's paranoid? (Cameron plays fast and loose with your health data)
  • allmountainventure
    Free Member

Sounds like a good idea; the more paranoid conspiracy theorists we can weed out for “treatment” the better.

😉

kimbers

as a researcher at a publicly funded cancer institute i find it incredible that this data isnt already routinely collected- feel the same about organ donation too- though at least i can understand why people may have issues with it.

It seems ludicrous that information that could be so beneficial to every person in the country (thanks to the NHS) isnt routinely saved and used to develop new treatments

the fact that private companies will have this data is an result of our woeful underfunding of scientific research
    (the budget cuts to the NHS, research grants and universities this year have only set us so much farther back)

There would be no new drug development if not for the involvement of the pharama industry, its a very expensive business and while the government is unwilling to invest we end up paying incredibly high drug prices anyway.

I just hope that this deal ensures that the NHS gets preferential pricing on new treatments and that insurance companies are not involved

this being a tory government under castironDave thats already done so much to damage publicly funded research im sceptical

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Now who's paranoid? (Cameron plays fast and loose with your health data)’ is closed to new replies.