Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Now TV from sky – anyone got it?
  • withersea
    Free Member

Have placed an order for a box and expecting it tomorrow. Seems worth a punt for a tennerand planning to ditch lovefilm.

Any good/bad experiences and anyone using more than two boxes on a single account?

organic355
    Free Member

I am sure I ordered my box months ago, how long to they usually take to come????

Jamie
    Free Member

I just bought a PS3, and see it has a Now TV app available for it. I was going to use it for watching football, till I saw they want £9.99 for a 24hr pass.

I think I’ll pass, hoho, at that price.

…for those that want movies only, there is currently a 30 day free trial.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

Is it possible to get a monthly pass/subscription for sports?

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I’ve had NowTV for a couple of months and watch through the PS3 and iPad.
    The selection of movies is good and reasonably recent.
    I did have Netflix, but found that I had watched most of the films.
    I tend to watch a lot more on NowTV.
    Our internet connection is fairly slow (~4-8 mb), but only see stuttering occasionally.
    Just wish they would make it easier to view the whole catalogue on offer.

AFAIK the sports is only pay per view.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nope. I guess it would be too similar to Sky Sports/Skygo on subscription.

I did see there are enterprising individuals on eBay selling half price 24hr passes. I assume they get them through promotions, and then sell them on.

johnellison
    Free Member

No, it’s £9.99 for a day (24 hour) pass. I can get 3 pints and a bag of crisps for that in my local which has Sky Sports and people to talk to instead of sitting at home.

prawny

johnellison – Member
    No, it’s £9.99 for a day (24 hour) pass. I can get 3 pints and a bag of crisps for that in my local which has Sky Sports and people to talk to instead of sitting at home.

Good point, I thought £9.99 was steep but if it means I can avoid people it’s a bargain. 😀

woody2000

I swapped Lovefilm for NowTV, largely because the movie selection is more recent and it has a good selection of Disney type stuff for the kids. I got a few months free as I took part in an LG beta trial, currently paying 8.99 a month for it. Lovefilm look to have upped their game a bit recently, they’ve dropped games rental and have got some of the bigger players on board movie wise, so I may well go back as there’s quite a difference in price (NowTV is normally £15, Lovefilm is £5.99).

My NowTV box took a day to arrive, I use the box on the non-smart TV in the lounge and my LG smart TV has a NowTV app. I think you can use 3 devices at one time.

joeelston
    Free Member

It’s free for the first month and has a good selection of films.

toys19
    Free Member

No, it’s £9.99 for a day (24 hour) pass. I can get 3 pints and a bag of crisps for that in my local which has Sky Sports and people to talk to instead of sitting at home

If they are all racist scum though, I would pay 9.99 to stay at home.

Jamie
    Free Member

lol…whut?

toys19
    Free Member

I think you probably need to compare this threads contributors and their contribution to this other thread..

johnellison
    Free Member

I think that what Mr. Toys is referring to is my contention in another post that immigration into the UK should be limited. Which, according to THIS would indicate that the majority of the British populace are racist scum.

All of which I find highly amusing given the fact that my girlfriend is Lithuanian, and the hardest workers at my place of employment are either Polish or Czech.

Right, enough of that, I’m going to go and find some immigrants to victimise.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you probably need to compare this threads contributors and their contribution to this other thread..

Oh, I stay out of those types of threads.

jfletch
    Free Member

£9.99 for a day of sports isn’t that bad if there are a small number of sports days that you want to watch but you really want to watch them.

Compares well to a full year of Sky Sports.

MSP

Sky go looks a better option for me, seems I can get it without needing a sky dish or sky broadband, and works with smart dns over here in Germany.

Now I have to decide if I am going to give money to the Murdoch empire to watch some sports, would be nice to get some football with English commentary, but god I hate Murdoch and all he represents.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

£9.99 for a day (24 hour) pass. I can get 3 pints and a bag of crisps for that in my local

You bastard, I could just about get 2 pints and a packet of crisps for that. From December it will just be 2 pints for that!

withersea
    Free Member

Cheers for the opinions. I also hate Murdoch, oh dear what have I done. I think the movie package cost has been reduced to 8.99 a month which seems reasonable. With regards to sport I’d buy a bolt on F1 package and as a Norwich City fan I have no real interest in football.

Any multi box users lurking?

PrinceJohn

£9.99 for a day of sports isn’t that bad if there are a small number of sports days that you want to watch but you really want to watch them.

That is a rip off it equates to nearly £520/year if you watch something each weekend.

I currently subscribe to both Lovefilm (for their bluerays) & netflix, netflix is in my opinion the best online streaming service, mostly because it offers 5.1 sound, it’s also nice to be able to easily access the US netfix.

I tried NowTV but we pretty much managed to watch everything worthwhile in a month. I’ve recently also tried blinkbox, which was ok..

The service I actually want doesn’t yet exist, I’d be happy to pay a £10/month subscription & to be able to stream all the latest films in the style of Spotify. When will the service providers realise the easiest way to combat piracy is to actually make the product people are stealing available, & to make it easier than illegally downloading it… tap in to people’s innate laziness.

toys19
    Free Member

its a good deal if you want to watch the autumn internationals, and effen hate wendyball so would not get a sky subscription for all the tea in china..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Now TV from sky – anyone got it?’ is closed to new replies.