Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Now TV Box Option – Occasional Sports Watching?
  • Caher

As like most here i prefer to be on my bike as much as possible but occasionally there is a must see game such as Saturday PM Ireland V Wales but now only on Sky. I do not want to renew full package through Virgin as i simply watch very little but am considering the Now TV box option.
    I do have the app on my TV and have used it, but the picture was rubbish, so is the box any better?

nealglover
    Free Member

The picture on mine is perfect. Same as Sky or normal digital etc.

What is your broadband speed like ?

YoGrant
    Free Member

I use it when there is football on that my lad wants to watch, but via an Apple TV box. Picture excellent so suspect it might be a broadband issue too. We are on BT and getting about 38-40 GB download speed.

iamtheresurrection

Depends on your expectations I suppose. I’ve tried NowTV for football cast from an IPad, on an AppleTV, PS3 and from a NowTV box: I’d say the picture is about the same on all of them.

I’m on an 80/30GB connection and the picture is just okay (it’s a big TV). Better than nothing though, and a lot better than forking out £40 a month for Sky Sports for one thing a month.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Mmmm, Amazon Fire Tv stick with Kodi?

Pook

I watch the f1 on it and never have a problem with fibre broadband

Caher

Hmmm well my wired BB speed is up near 100 with wireless around 40-50. Virgin cable BB though so can be up and down.

zer0cool
    Free Member

Another vote for Kodi (formerly known as XMBC), I use a Raspberry Pi for mine but can pretty much run on anything.
    Lots of guides on the net to show you how to setup and addons to include for Sport, movies, TV

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Now TV Box Option – Occasional Sports Watching?’ is closed to new replies.